ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 Debug 4f

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrakerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme4 Debug 4f
    Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 4:45am
Today I was updating the BIOS 2.90m and it took a lot, more than 20 minutes and then the Restart stopped in the Debug 4f error. There are 5 beeps and restart the PC. I can not log in anymore or start the computer. This 4f error persists straight. What do I do? How to solve? Some help? Intel Core i7-3770. Wait..

Translated using Google Translate:
<span id="result_" ="" lang="en"><span ="">
Quote Today I was updating the BIOS 2.90m and it took a lot, more than 20 minutes and then the Restart stopped in the Debug 4f error.</span> <span ="">There are 5 beeps and restart the PC.</span> <span ="">I can not log in anymore or start the computer.</span> <span ="">This 4f error persists straight.</span> <span>What do I do?</span> <span>How to solve?</span> <span ="">Some help?</span> <span>Intel Core i7-3770.</span> <span ="">Wait..

wardog was here
</span></span>

Edited by mandrakerj - 31 Mar 2018 at 3:55am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 10:10am
Assuming there was a BIOS 2.90M, it was pulled for some reason or another.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/#BIOS

FYI: Never download a BIOS you found on some willy nilly site and flash your motherboard with it. This I'm guessing is what happened here as the current available BIOS is 2.90P, and is dated 2017/9/21

5 beeps is good

Did the flasher say every went well after flashing, and to Press Enter to Restart?

mandrakerj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrakerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:03pm
I'm sorry, but I meant Debug code 4f followed by 6 beeps. But I'll answer and explain what's going on. Well before this update of Bios, everything worked perfectly without any problem.

Translated using Google Translate
Quote <span id="result_" ="" lang="en"><span ="">I'm sorry, but I meant Debug code 4f followed by 6 beeps.</span> <span>But I'll answer and explain what's going on.</span> <span ="">Well before this update of Bios, everything worked perfectly without any problem.

wardog was here
</span></span>

Edited by mandrakerj - 31 Mar 2018 at 3:58am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrakerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:06pm
[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Assuming there was a BIOS 2.90M, it was pulled for some reason or another.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/#BIOS

FYI: Never download a BIOS you found on some willy nilly site and flash your motherboard with it. This I'm guessing is what happened here as the current available BIOS is 2.90P, and is dated 2017/9/21

5 beeps is good

Did the flasher say every went well after flashing, and to Press Enter to Restart?

I'm sorry but I meant the debug code 4f followed by 6 beeps. I think the BIOS is corrupted. Is it beeping badly?
Because the computer does not start any more.
And it no longer comes into the motherboard configuration.
What do I do then? I was thinking of replacing the Bios Chip with another BIOS with the BIOS.
? to remove the BIOS chip from ASRoxk Z77 Extreme4?
Soldier or not?
What guides me to make friends?

wardog was here, again - Please use https://translate.google.com/
</span></span>

Edited by mandrakerj - 31 Mar 2018 at 3:53am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 2:56am
Have you tried Clearing the BIOS by removing the CMOS Battery and jumpering the jumper, as is described in the manual?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrakerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 4:03am

[URL=][/URL]Have you tried Clearing the BIOS by removing the CMOS Battery and jumpering the jumper, as is described in the manual?

I'll try to do it again, remove the battery and follow the correct procedure. Then put the results here. Thank you..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrakerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:27pm
Good morning,

I took the test.
I turned off the Battery, the Jumper, the Power Supply, as in the Manual.
I left the board off for more than 8 hours, hours off and today when trying to connect, continues to present the same error, Dr. Debug 4F, followed by 6 beeps.

This board has never been defective. After this update of Bips was that it presented this problem. Before it it presented F1 and F2.
I put the Fat32 formatted pendriver with the Bios plugged into the USB2 Port.
Then I called, it stayed some time lit and restarted quickly and after this it corrects this error in Dr. Debug 4F and does not leave any of it.

I think Bios would be Corrupted. Because I disconnected everything, memories, inverted, removed VGA, left VGA Onboard and nothing solved.

I started to exchange the Bios Chip with another already recorded.
More I have doubts if the ASRock z77 Extreme4 Bios Chip is soldiered or not. And if I can substitute myself for another.

The Chip description would be this:

Z77 Extreme4 P2.80-15B

Winbond 25Q64FVA10 1305

What do you advise me to do?

Thank you..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrakerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 12:17am

[URL=][/URL]Have you tried Clearing the BIOS by removing the CMOS Battery and jumpering the jumper, as is described in the manual?

I took the test.
I turned off the Battery, the Jumper, the Power Supply, as in the Manual.
I left the board off for more than 8 hours, hours off and today when trying to connect, continues to present the same error, Dr. Debug 4F, followed by 6 beeps.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 1:34pm
The BIOS chip on this board is socketed and End User replaceable.

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

They charge $15.00US + Shipping

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrakerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 8:57pm

The BIOS chip on this board is socketed and End User replaceable.

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

They charge $15.00US + Shipping

So my friend.
It will be very expensive shipping and it will take a long time to arrive.bBecause I'm from Brazil.

I was thinking of buying this already recorded Bios Chip for ASRock z77 Extreme4 or ask someone to rewrite Bios on this same Chip I have here. Or buy a recorder and burn Bios myself.

My fear would be to remove the Bios Chip. Is it easy to remove? Is it very difficult to remove? Need to push hard to remove? What tool will I need? These are my doubts.

I found this Epron Recorder in Free Market, I think it is compatible with my Model. Below is the link of this Recorder.

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-876645578-gravador-usb-flash-eprom-bios-spi-ch341a-ch341-24xx-25xx-_JM

What do you recommend friend?

Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic