ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Killer SLI/ac acting weird

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krj7709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Killer SLI/ac acting weird
    Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:19pm
Specs
  • x370 Killer SLI/ac (rev. 1.05, BIOS 4.60)
  • AMD Ryzen 7 1700
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 (Running XMP 2.0 profile)
My main issue is I am getting random system lag. It never lasts long but is quite annoying.

I want to say that it is something to do with the USB. If I plug a USB stick in the slot next to my receiver for my wireless keyboard and mouse its a constant lag. I get different results depending on usb stick location and receiver location.

Both front ports (7 and 8 motherboard lable) - constant lag
Back panel, top 2 ports - constant
back panel, top left and the one below - mouse works fine keyboard lag 

etc.......

Anyone else experience any weird issues like this? oh, Logitech unifying receiver 
X370 Killer SLI/ac - Ryzen 7 1700 - Corsair Veng. LPX 2666 (2x8) - 4x 120GB SSD AMD RAID0
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 10:37pm
did u try to replace batteries in your keyboard?
mouse/keyboard lags usualy means that signal is not strong enough
theres not much u can do with mini dongle, put it somewhere close to your keyboard/mice without obstacles

in my area wifi mouse/keyboard doing same crap in ~2m+ range (too much wifi from neighboors)
but on bluetooth they both works up to 10m and all is fine (except win10 connectivity bugs but i have my workarounds)
krj7709 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krj7709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:00am
Yes. I've checked and tried fresh batteries :)

Keyboard and mouse =< 4 feet away

Like right now. Everything is fine and dandy. The receiver is in one of the front ports. Now if I were to plug a usb stick into the other port I would incur keyboard/mouse laaagggggggg.... Unplug it, I'm fine.

Perhaps a driver thing? I dunno. Can't find anything except what Windows installs? Perhaps a bios setting? Don't know :)

I can replicate this on all ports. Usually fine until something else is plugged in to the adjacent port.
X370 Killer SLI/ac - Ryzen 7 1700 - Corsair Veng. LPX 2666 (2x8) - 4x 120GB SSD AMD RAID0
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:39am
Port handling, sounds like OS/drivers to me but I could be wrong. If you plug in a hub do you get the same issue with multiple devices connected to it?
krj7709 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krj7709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 7:40pm
Yeah. I do believe it is something like that. There was supposed to be an issue a while back where a Windows update broke the USB/Unifying receiver but it was supposed to be fixed.

So after further testing it acts as if (when the issue happens) that it cuts power the the other port. I say this because when I have the issue, if I put the mouse or keyboard right next to the Unifying receiver it works fine. If I reverse the devices, no issue. Does this with front left/right. rear top left/right etc...

Mouse/Keyboard won't respond (Unless right next to reciever)

Mouse/Keyboard work fine.

Front USB ports connected to USB3_7_8

I threw in another SSD the other day and disable the AMD RAID to see how my regular distro ran with this machine. Did not notice the issue but don't know if I had a USB stick in the front. RAID is back on so I will test when I feel like it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic