ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X99X Killer TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X99X Killer TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE
    Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 1:06am
I'll get straight to the point.  The motherboard has booting issues out the wazoo.  I think it has to do with USB, since I've found disabling Legacy USB support will usually fix the booting issues.  Basically, my system will hang on booting into the OS unless I disable this option or fiddle around with other options (default options RARELY work).  After several failed boots it will go into the UEFI, where I can look and see the Windows Bootloader has literally vanished.  This has happened with Windows 7, 8, AND 10.  Through several clean installs as well.  I basically have gotten into the habit of leaving my PC on at all times thanks to this.  Relevant specs below (also have the latest firmware/BIOS installed):

Intel Core i7 5820k CPU
Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler
4x4 Gskill DDR4-2133 RAM
2x 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD's in RAID 0  (issues still happened when I only had 1 SSD)
Seasonic Platinum 1000w PSU
2x Gigabyte GTX 970 in SLI  (Issues still happened when I only had 1 GPU)
Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard
Corsair Sabre RGB Optical Mouse

Secondly, just FORGET about OC'ing.  This board handles ANY kind of OC terribly (even XMP memory profiles), which leads to constant reboots and freezes, which in turn brings up the booting issues again.  It's just a complete mess.  So I've left my expensive unlocked CPU and RAM on default settings.  Woohoo. 

Now the best part about all of this...I can't return this motherboard even if i wanted to.  While I was plugging in a new mouse, the plastic clip INSIDE the Fatality port on the MOTHERBOARD broke off into the mouse port.  I have NEVER had anything like this happen on ANY USB device I've ever touched.  I am EXTREMELY gently with all my expensive electronic products.  But I am sure this counts as damage through my own fault, so now I'm stuck with this POS motherboard.  So just wanted to come here to say NEVER BUYING ANOTHER ASROCK PRODUCT AGAIN and warning others to do the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic