ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Export/Import BIOS settings for BIOS Upgrade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BabyFarkMcGeeZax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyFarkMcGeeZax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Export/Import BIOS settings for BIOS Upgrade?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 4:14pm
Why was my post moved from the Tech Support section, with no comment?  Does that mean there's no way to solve my problem?  I was hoping there was some solution, but now that's moved, it's going to get less traffic from experienced users.
BabyFarkMcGeeZax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyFarkMcGeeZax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:12am
Please tell me I've missed something, and that I don't have to take screen photos of my BIOS 1.30 settings and then manually reapply everything after I upgrade to 1.80?  I initially assumed I could import one of UEFI saves but they disappear when you upgrade - only the saves for your current BIOS version can be loaded.

Yes, they're "bin" files but that's the bug - it should also be possible to save them as XML, so they can be re-imported and re-applied AUTOMATICALLY after the ugprade.  My router is capable of this - I can save off its configuration as XML, upgrade the BIOS, and then re-import the settings.

This is 2018 - I shouldn't have to take photos of my BIOS screen to manually reapply them.

Pardon me if I've missed something obvious.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic