ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z270 SuperCarrier not waking from sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamvondory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z270 SuperCarrier not waking from sleep
    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:05pm
Hi

I have an issue with a Asrock Z270 SuperCarrier where the computer doesn't wakeup from sleep.
When I touch the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard I see that the light is change from blinking to continues and the fans starts but my screen is blank and nothing happens.
The only way to get the machine to work is to clear the CMOS setting. I have tried to hit the on/off button on the case but it doesn't help. I have tried to turn off the power supply and then restart it, still nothing happens.

I have upgraded to the latest bios 2.4 and still the same issue with the sleep.

I have:
-  i7-7700K
- Trident Z DDR4 3000Mhz, 64gb
- 3 samsung 960 SSD m.2 on the motherboard
- The cooling is more than enough
- Corsair AX-760

I only use the thunderbolt 3 connection to a 5K UltraFine LG display but the issue is the same regardless what display I'm using. Tested it with dell 4K through DisplayPort.

Please help, this is my working computer and I can't work unless this is fixed. Only way to work is to clear the CMOS and then never let it go in to sleep mode.

Best regards
/Adam

Edited by Adamvondory - 17 Apr 2018 at 8:06pm
vectorphresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vectorphresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 2:37am
Similar issue that may be related. I am unable to access system once it goes to sleep. Additionally I can not access the bios. System boots but display is blank until the OS login screen is displayed.

Samsung Evo 860 SSD as primary boot drive (w/ grub to dual boot Win10/Ubuntu)
2x GTX 1080 Founders (no SLI bridge)
Intel Core i7-6700

Can provide additional diagnostic info. Please Advise.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic