ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 no signal to monitor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karandas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 no signal to monitor
    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 4:58am
Hi guys, I have a serious problem and I can not get over it

today I received the gigabyte 1080 and once assembled instead of my rx480 (eliminating previously any amd drivers with DDU) the screen remains black; no signal...
I tried to reset the mobo by moving the jumper for a few seconds and removing the battery but nothing happend; what can it be?  LEDs turn on the gpu ... I do not know what to think. This is the second 1080 I try (the first was reconditioned and I thought it was still faulty and sent it back) but has the same problem!

I'm desperate...

my config:
Ryzen 5 1600
asrock ab350 pro 4
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200
win 10
Corsair Enthusiast series TX650 (I bought it in 2012)

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 5:02am
all power plugs on the 1080 are full of power leads ?

all 8 extra board power plugs are full and not just 4 of them ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 5:49am
If you are using an HDMI cable to connect to your monitor try a DVI cable, see if you get signal on that. HDMI cables often seem to be the cause of issues like this. 
karandas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karandas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 2:44pm

well well! I moved the gpu in the second pcie slot (the one closest to the power supply) and now it works. in the first slot I always put my 480 rx and it works fine but not the 1080 -_- why?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 4:19pm
Mmm, so the RX 480 works but the GTX 1080 doesn't... 

Not the board or CPU otherwise the 480 wouldn't work either so maybe an issue with Gigabyte's VBIOS. Is the 1080 seating properly in the original slot? Even just a tiny bit out can cause issues, particularly at the outer edge nearest the back of the case. Sometimes the height of the rear slot mounting on the case can be a little high (where you screw in the GPU), if it won't let the GPU go all the way in you will see problems like yours.  

That's all I got Confused
karandas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karandas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Mmm, so the RX 480 works but the GTX 1080 doesn't... 

Not the board or CPU otherwise the 480 wouldn't work either so maybe an issue with Gigabyte's VBIOS. Is the 1080 seating properly in the original slot? Even just a tiny bit out can cause issues, particularly at the outer edge nearest the back of the case. Sometimes the height of the rear slot mounting on the case can be a little high (where you screw in the GPU), if it won't let the GPU go all the way in you will see problems like yours.  

That's all I got Confused

no no the 1080 fits perfectly in both pcie slots ....but now I do not like that 1080 is so close to the bottom of the case. 
I would prefer the gpu have more space to expel hot air 

akumajou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akumajou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 5:01pm
Wonder if your problem is related to http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8231&KW=&PID=49214&title=resolved-secure-boot-and-ultra-fast-fails
karandas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karandas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by akumajou akumajou wrote:

Wonder if your problem is related to http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8231&KW=&PID=49214&title=resolved-secure-boot-and-ultra-fast-fails

how did you do the vbios update? my ab350 pro 4 is still at version 3.40...do you think i need to update the bios of the mb to 4.70?
akumajou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akumajou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 6:12pm
I got the VBIOS update by requesting the latest version for my video card on MSI's forum. The MSI moderators there directed me to the update and necessary flashing tool. Not sure how Gigabyte works, but try going to their support page for your card. If it's not there, ask in their forum.

You may also want to update the motherboard's BIOS/UEFI, but there are some drawbacks with the 4.X versions so far.
karandas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karandas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by akumajou akumajou wrote:

I got the VBIOS update by requesting the latest version for my video card on MSI's forum. The MSI moderators there directed me to the update and necessary flashing tool. Not sure how Gigabyte works, but try going to their support page for your card. If it's not there, ask in their forum.

You may also want to update the motherboard's BIOS/UEFI, but there are some drawbacks with the 4.X versions so far.

drawbacks? what do u mean?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic