ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM1H-ITX power down issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesoljc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AM1H-ITX power down issues
    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 8:43pm
I own a am1h-itx motherboard with 5350 cpu, 4gb ram, and a 120gb ssd in a itx box with sfx powersupply.

The issue is that if i shut down windows via power button or via windows shut down, the cpu fan and the power supply fan keep spinning. I've disabled all power related features in bios (suspend to ram, etc...) but nothing helps. As soon as i connect power cable to the PSU (psu power switch is on) the psu starts working.

any ideas?
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 12:44am
I had that board, there is a de-humidifer function in UEFI, you need to search for it and disable it.
When you plug the cable in the PSU and the fan starts, does the PC start also? Or only the PSU? if only the PSU please try with another PSU and report back

Have a nice day
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
chubalz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubalz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 12:58am
Im pretty sure its related to your system storage drive.

If your SSD is your system then your SSD is dying.

I have experience this also on my business computer which after shutting down the computer fan still spinning which the faulty is the HDD. Replacing the HDD fix the problem.

If you have spare HDD try installing Windows. See if it solve your problem.

Edited by chubalz - 20 Apr 2018 at 1:02am
Ryzen 5 1600 3.80ghz @1.3375v
Asrock X370 Gaming X 5.20 Bios
CM MA610P
Aorus Xtreme Gtx1080ti
Gskill Trident Z RGB F4-300016D-16GTZR @2800mhz
SamsungEvo 250
2Tb Firecuda
1Tb WDBlack
Corsair RM650X
vesoljc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesoljc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:10am
SSD is not the reason, the power on behavior is the same if the disc is fully disconnected.

When I plug in power cord, only the psu powers up (fan starts spinning), but power usage meter is showing 30W draw in this state. I tried this: if I unplug the 24pin cable from motherboard, connecting the powercord does nothing. Similarly, toggling psu power switch does nothing. As soon as I connect 24pin the psu powers up, clearly indicating that the motherboard is giving "orders"...

The psu is brand new bequiet sfx power 2. Before that, I had this setup in a different itx case with integrated psu and the behavior was the same.

So, I'm pretty much blaming motherboard...
vesoljc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesoljc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:12am
It's like the green wire is constantly connected
vesoljc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesoljc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:26am
omfg... pin 16 on the connector (the PSU_ON - green wire) on the board is shorted with the ground! I used a voltmeter and it fakin beeps if I do a connection test on pin 15 and 16

ffs
vesoljc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesoljc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:32am
also, humidifier function was already disabled
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 5:41am
Did you try disconnecting the case front panel power button, it might be causing the short and starting the PSU?
Its usually pin 15 (ground) or another ground pin/plane (I dont know exacly) and Pin 16 (PS-ON) that start the PSU, but the motherboard circuitry receives power even when the PSU is "off", that is the standby power, true power off is achieved only when the PSU is manually switched off, until then the motherboard receives power. 
Can you try checking with the multimeter and the motherboard out of the case with all cables disconnected if it still reports continuity between any ground pin and pin 16 from the ATX connector? if yes, then there is a problem with the mainboard, because no continuity should be present if pin 16 is not shorted to ground, and that cannot happen if the power button on the mainboard is not shorted, before doing these measurements also please disconnect UEFI battery 

Edited by cristy6100 - 20 Apr 2018 at 5:47am
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
vesoljc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesoljc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:23am
Mobo is out, disconnected, battery disconnected, cmos was cleared. 

If I connect multimeter to marked pin and left/right neighbor I get a beep 

this is where my electronic knowledge ends... is this fixable?
chubalz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubalz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:10pm
i don't get whats your point.

You've said after shutting down your system... the psu fan and cpu fan is still spinning? this is caused by bad HDD. 

Does you computer function properly before shutting down?

Now you have different issues which " When I plug in power cord, only the psu powers up (fan starts spinning), but power usage meter is showing 30W draw in this state. I tried this: if I unplug the 24pin cable from motherboard, connecting the powercord does nothing. Similarly, toggling psu power switch does nothing. As soon as I connect 24pin the psu powers up, clearly indicating that the motherboard is giving "orders"... ???

Your first post and your reply to me has two different issues.

Can you post a video here in shutting down your system?

Edited by chubalz - 20 Apr 2018 at 6:42pm
Ryzen 5 1600 3.80ghz @1.3375v
Asrock X370 Gaming X 5.20 Bios
CM MA610P
Aorus Xtreme Gtx1080ti
Gskill Trident Z RGB F4-300016D-16GTZR @2800mhz
SamsungEvo 250
2Tb Firecuda
1Tb WDBlack
Corsair RM650X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic