ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

111° Celsius on Idle - Asrock Beebox (n3000)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nostromo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 111° Celsius on Idle - Asrock Beebox (n3000)
    Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 11:07pm
Hello,

last week my Beebox N3000 was very hot after heavy load (win 7 installation process, Updates, setting up DLNA server...etc) by touching it from the outside. I thought the culprit is my installed m2sata (Kingston SSDNow mS200 60 GB).

Now, using the beebox for the intended (HTPC) purpose since then...the outside Tempererature are absolutely OK (subjective).

Still curios ive checked the Temperature with HWMonitor (v1.28) and HWINFO 64 (v5.04).

Both programs showing me very high Temperature Readings for the Motherboard (SYSTIN, AUXTIN1, AUXTIN2) on "IDLE"?

111°

after an hour it drops without doing nothing to:

106°

strange thing though...temperature for everything else (CPU, HDD and SSD) is more than 50° to 60° Celsius lower?

gabriel85roma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabriel85roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 12:34am
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=875&PID=3925&title=n3000-damn-hot#3925
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by nostromo nostromo wrote:

Hello,

last week my Beebox N3000 was very hot after heavy load (win 7 installation process, Updates, setting up DLNA server...etc) by touching it from the outside. I thought the culprit is my installed m2sata (Kingston SSDNow mS200 60 GB).

Now, using the beebox for the intended (HTPC) purpose since then...the outside Tempererature are absolutely OK (subjective).

Still curios ive checked the Temperature with HWMonitor (v1.28) and HWINFO 64 (v5.04).

Both programs showing me very high Temperature Readings for the Motherboard (SYSTIN, AUXTIN1, AUXTIN2) on "IDLE"?

111°

after an hour it drops without doing nothing to:

106°

strange thing though...temperature for everything else (CPU, HDD and SSD) is more than 50° to 60° Celsius lower?

Those three temperature readings are false readings. They are temperature sensor outputs that are not being used by the mother board. So they have random, false data that is displayed.

My ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ board used with HWiNFO shows AUXTIN1 temperatures between 0C and 123C as I type this. AUXTIN2 and AUXTIN3 are 28C and 22C respectively and never changed in over an hour.

There are very few standards for what sensor outputs belong to what input or temperature. CPU temperature data is well defined by Intel, but beyond that every mother board manufacture does whatever they want to do with temperature sensors.

The people that write programs like HWiNFO (my favorite) can only get so much information from the board manufactures, if any at all. I have told Martin (programmer of HWiNFO) in his forum about which sensor outputs belong to a specific reading when I can determine what it is and if it is valid data. He has renamed a few for me which appear by default, but we can do that too with HWiNFO. You can remove sensor readings that are worthless, like the ones you listed.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 5:09pm
Thanks Parsec, I was of similar mind on this one suspecting false readings but wasn't sure enough to post it myself. I also only just noticed that the temps are in Celsius not Fahrenheit or I would have posted here sooner. 

Anything over 100c will begin to physically burn components and likely cause smoke, even though 100c isn't enough to cause smoke on its own you have to bare in mind that we are talking 100c at a sensor location, typically near some larger more critical component. If the temp at the sensor is 100c, more often than not, there are circuits leading to it that can be up to 10 times hotter given how tiny they are and this is hot enough to melt components and circuits.  Generally if anything other than a CPU/GPU reads a genuine 100c+ temp your board will be burning somewhere and you will smell it. At least that is my experience with these issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic