ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No post and boot loop with ASRock AB350M PRO4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesU2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No post and boot loop with ASRock AB350M PRO4
    Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 6:50am
Hi,

I've just finished building the following:

ASRock AB350M PRO4 motherboard black
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 - VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 
Corsair RM650x
Samsung (MZ-V6E500BW) 500GB EVO M.2
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1070 Ti 8GB Founders Edition
Corsair Air 240 Case
Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid CPU Cooler - Black

Unforuanely, the PC won't post, everything powers on correctly but nothing displays on the screen.

The PC then powers down after about 30 seconds and then powers up again. It gets stuck in this loop.

I've re-seated the RAM, tried with one stick of RAM, no sticks of RAM, without the GPU, with the GPU. Re-seated the CPU.

I've now removed the CMOS battery and set the CMOS pins to clear. Going to leave it like this for a few hours now.

If this doesn't work, what should I do next?
JamesU2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesU2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:10pm
No luck on the CMOS reset. Still does the same.

If I remove the CPU power cable from the Motherboard, the powe looping stops. What could that mean?!?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:23pm
never under estimate the power of the little case speaker ..............

no beep codes ?

ok back to basics
check in this order
strip down and just fit
24 pin board power (make sure the 4 pin on end is fully inserted)
then fit the 8 pin cpu/eps to socket atx12v1 top left of board (make sure this is the EPS and not the PCIE power make sure this is also fitted the correct way round into socket)
put 1 ram stick into slot a2 (2nd one away from the cpu socket) and push down more than you think is needed.hear a click from both ends
check the fitting of cpu as in correct way round into socket and inserted evenly)
check and double check the case connectors for pwr sw /led/ reset sw/ hdd led are all in the correct pins and are correctly orientated according to the +/- symbols

fit gpu and check your connected the pcie power cables correctly
now reset bios using clr cmos jumper
remove small coin battery
disconnect psu/pc from the wall power socket and press and hold the case power on button for 20 secs

connect hdmi lead to monitor ,but also check if it still dosnt boot that a dvi or any other output lead dosnt actually work (sometimes we have issues with what lead works from gpu to monitor until system is updated )

now plug it back into wall and try to boot ,warning the first boot can take 1-2 mins of nothing before it boots
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesU2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:51pm
[URL=][/URL]Have tried all this I am afraid.

Why do you think it does not boot loop when the 8 pin CPU is not plugged in?

Edited by JamesU2002 - 29 Apr 2018 at 7:52pm
Erico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by JamesU2002 JamesU2002 wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Have tried all this I am afraid. 

Why do you think it does not boot loop when the 8 pin CPU is not plugged in?

I have the exact same problem (no signal, boots and then goes off after 30 seconds as well as it doesn't reboot if I remove one of the power cables) with similar specs (1700, AB350 and same RAM but 8GB instead), I've tried ordering a different type of memory to see if that fixes it.  I'll post back if this fixes it but please also reply if you find a fix.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesU2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 12:09am
Comforting to know I am not the only one with this issue

I?™ve tried booting without RAM too but it still does the power looping.

I fear these boards are simply not good enough and it?™s faulty on arrival.
weerez44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weerez44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:40pm
Hi,

seems I'm late to the game. did either of you find a solution to this?
Niccador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niccador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:22am
Don't know about the original posters, but when I got my first AB350M PRO4, it did this boot loop. Likewise, troubleshooting got me nowhere.
In my case, my build included a Ryzen 3 2200G -- I assumed that, despite the BIOS sticker saying otherwise, it did not have the appropriate update for this APU.

Had to RMA the board immediately back to NewEgg...replacement worked like a charm (until recently).

Given the original posters' identical issues, I'm thinking it may just be poor build quality on this board.
weerez44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weerez44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:30am
So thought I'd give an update. Found out it was user error and I hadn't installed the RAM correctly. Just FYI for this board (and probably most). It seemed like I had pushed the RAM sticks in all the way but it will actually click on both ends when it's in correctly. When I first installed it, I only made sure it clicked in on the part with the tab. I spent way too long figure this out.
godispoohbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godispoohbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:06pm
holy crap! This was my problem. The double click for ram. really gotta push it in on the non-tab side
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic