ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhoury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:40pm
i am going to get another new power supply, when i tested fan comes on for a second
Duke
fkhoury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhoury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 2:12am
no luck with new power, same headache

Duke
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 2:50am
just use 2 ram sticks to test

there used to be real issues trying to use all 8 slots

and double check your assembly

eg 24 pin power
then 8 pin cpu/eps is as said above the eps lead and NOT THE PCIE (yes its been done a few times)
also check the case plugs/leads are in correct pins on board
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
fkhoury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhoury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 3:13am
Power connection are fine, check many times
i am going to play with memories
thanks for checking

Duke
fkhoury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhoury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 4:35am
I did, still the same.
Memory may not work on this motherboard F4-3300C16Q2 (G-skill)
Duke
fkhoury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fkhoury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 11:01pm
connections are fine, checked 100 times.
8 pins for 8 and 4 for 4 
maybe bad motherboard.
Duke
ssateneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssateneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:14pm
If the board only powers on for a split second then shuts off and only has lights on that are active during standby, this is strong evidence that you have an electrical short somewhere and your power supply is detecting this and shutting down to prevent more damage. I've seen this happen with mixing of different modular power cables or plugging in wrong connector to wrong spot, but if there is a short to ground plane inside the board itself, there is nothing you can do aside from request a replacement.

The way to solve the issue is ALWAYS process of elimination. Replace things until you get it working. If you've already replaced everything, chances are either one part damaged another during your troubleshooting, or user error. Speculating what exactly is broken does no good until you start replacing parts. It's unfortunate that you do not have the luxury to swap out every part since they can be very expensive but that is all you can really do.
MB: X399 Taichi, UEFI L3.32
VGA: EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 1300 W PLATINUM
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
MEM: 4x16GB, 3600MHz G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C17Q-64GTZKW
Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 12:30am
I am having the same problem. I only get Blue leds flashing slowly. 
X470 Taichi
F4-3200C14D-16GFX
GTX 1080
Ryzen 7 2700x
Wraith Prism Cooler RGB
EVGA 650 G3
Samsung 970 EVO 512

I have verified power supply is good, using it on another computer and also EVGA's self test, The cables are correct, they are all labeled CPU, VGA, Sata and Perifials. Pretty hard to screw up. I checked the video card on another computer and it works fine. All the pins on the CPU are good. I moved the memory sticks around and also just used one stick and moved it around. I have reset the cmos so many times, I also left it unplugged and power off over nite.

Nothing comes on except Blue leds flashing slowly. I'm assuming the mother board is bad. I don't know how to verify that tho.
any help would be appreciated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic