ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRRGBLED Stuck at "Updating RGB LED Firmware"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRRGBLED Stuck at "Updating RGB LED Firmware"
    Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 1:26pm
I installed ASRRGBLED from the APP Shop, and as soon as I launched it, it displayed:

It's been sitting there for an hour now and I don't think it should be taking this long.  What can I do?  I don't want to kill it; won't it trash my BIOS?
Serv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 4:24am
Bump! I'm having the same problem.

The first time this happened I ran the program and the same |updating RGB LED firmware" image appeared. Then the board LED's turned white and stuck there. At this point the system completely locked up and I had to restart. I tried reinstalling / updating the bios to the latest version and running the software again and its still stuck on the "Updating RGB LED Firware" like OP's screenshot.

I've let it run for two hours and nothing happens. In task manager it is showing 0% CPU usage and 18,6mb Memory use.

I also unistalled any other RGB controlling software on the PC to be sure it wasn't causing and incompatiblities.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
mjiggidy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiggidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:31am
I wish I had a definitive answer for you, but one day it just suddenly worked for me.  This software is very erratic.  Sometimes it shows you the "Updating BIOS" message, sometimes it gives you an "instruction error FFFFFF," and sometimes it launches.

That said, I never experienced any system instability like you have, so you may be having a different issue.

Very scary to know that the people who wrote this software are the same ones responsible for the BIOS which is holding my entire computer together!

Edited by mjiggidy - 18 May 2018 at 11:33am
ASRock X399 Taichi // AMD Threadripper 1950x // 64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB RAM // 1TB Samsung 960 EVO SSD // 32TB RAID 10 HDDs
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:11pm
Just encountered the exact same problem. Windows 8.1 detected the issue after a few minutes and asked if I would like to close the ASRRGBLED software to which I replied yes. ASRRGBLED then closed and I restarted the RGB software and it resumed working normally. I'm on bios version 3.20. The problem for me stems from running Trident GSKILL RGB RAM software. I've been aware there is some sort of incompatibility issue there. You have to turn off the GSKILL RAM LEDs and close out the GSKILL app first if you want to change OR USE the ASRRGBLED software. Once you make changes to your color preference with the ASRRGBLED software you close out the app and then open the GSKILL software back up and choose your preference. If both apps are open at the same time ASRRGBLED software will crash leading to the predicament you described. My MOBO is X370 Taichi. There won't be anything wrong with the MOBO so no need to RMA. The issue is software related. Hope this helps.
CRAZG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRAZG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 1:40pm
Me too just installed new GFX card and were red top and bottom as soon as powered on. Now stuck like this.
Perhaps memory address changed?
Cheers
CRAZG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRAZG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 2:09pm
OK.  Fixed it.

I have Corsair Vengence RAM with LEDs also.  They were red top and bottom at the time this happened.

I went into iCue settings and updated firmware (for RAM sticks). It was already up to date but ther is an option to force update.

Restarted computer.

All good!

Cheers
fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 3:18pm
hi

one day the red and green channels changed for me.

i found a fix in this thread. http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4537&PN=1&title=rgb-led-issues

on page 4 or 5 , check out vlado s post.

also the rgb software is very bad IMHO, very limited, unstable.

"Very scary to know that the people who wrote this software are the same ones responsible for the BIOS which is holding my entire computer together!"

could not have said it better

Edited by fnordie - 18 Oct 2018 at 3:20pm
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 7:10pm
you could flash it with cmd its in the link in the post above 

just make sure you've downloaded the correct ASRRGBLED from your motherboard model's download area and follow the instructions you may have a different file name in the folder

in my case i have 2

make sure you dont have any other RGB related software. Although i have Razer synapse g.skill installed 

the reason why i have gskill installed is because it doesn't save the settings for the ram after restarts after installing the gskill the ASRRGBLED will not work properly but i dont change the settings so everything is cool. But once i get fed up with the current colour i uninstall gskill and reflash ASRRGBLED, set the colour and install gskill again and change the ram colour and call it a day.
io5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote io5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 10:17am
I had this problem - the whole OS would freeze while flashing the RGB firmware. The command from linked thread did not help me as it tries to flash the firmware, which as I said, freezez my system.
Clearing CMOS did not help.

I managed to get it working, but I'm not sure which steps actually helped:

* reinstalled the OS (was trying to fix some unreleated thing and since it was a fresh install anyway it wasn't a big deal)
* installed AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.10.20_NHDA
* installed ASRock RGB LED

Worked on the first try.

Also might matter: before the OS reinstall I installed A-Tuning before RGB LED; after reinstall I didn't install it (yet).

Hope it helps someone.
MarthaMTemple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarthaMTemple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:41pm
First uninstall that program and after that install it again. Or the best thing is to download its new version. Maybe after that your setup won't need any update and you can use it. By the way can anyone help me out in searching for some reviews about https://edubirdie.com/plagio-detector. I don't know how to search reviews about website. That is why I am visiting to different forums website and searching in them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic