ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[BETA] AGESA 1.0.0.2a - 1.0.0.3b for X370/B350

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 3:47am
Two very strange things about the 4.73B BIOS.

1. I had to re-activate my Office 2016 after changing the BIOS!
2. I have had issues routing audio defaults. I use Skype daily for work and the audio settings aren't respected. 

a) The incoming call rings in External speakers even when the Audio is set to my headset.
b) The calls work fine after the call connects, but volume levels have also changed.
PinetreeRoad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinetreeRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 4:51am
It appears that the 4.64 Beta is causing my PUBG to crash before returning to the main menu after every game. Rolling back to 4.40 fixed it (same with BF1 sound). Played for a few hours after rolling back, and had zero crashes.

Are there any logs i can share to help fix these issues? I really hate to see the BIOS regressing.
donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 6:13am
I reverted  to 3.4 (Bridge BIOS) and it's all resolved now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 6:21am
I'm quite disappointed at the support for Ryzen+ CPUs so far. I was hoping for better. I'm not on Pinnacle Ridge yet, but I already ordered one and now I might have to switch to a new motherboard if this BIOS issue doesn't resolve with the new CPU. Confused

Edited by donalgodon - 05 May 2018 at 6:23am
xToko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xToko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by PinetreeRoad PinetreeRoad wrote:

It appears that the 4.64 Beta is causing my PUBG to crash before returning to the main menu after every game. Rolling back to 4.40 fixed it (same with BF1 sound). Played for a few hours after rolling back, and had zero crashes.

Are there any logs i can share to help fix these issues? I really hate to see the BIOS regressing.

I was having the same audio issue with BF4/BF1, and also a disconnection issue in World of Tanks. It seems that overclocking caused these problems because I left the CPU frequency on Auto and everything went back to normal.
I would roll back to 3.40 but with 4.60 my RAM can reach lower latencies while maintaining the same frequency so I'll stay on this version waiting for a fix.
R7 1700 @ 3.75 GHz | Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 BIOS 3.40 | G.Skill Aegis F4-2800C17-8GIS @ 2666
Trender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 2:34am
Originally posted by donalgodon donalgodon wrote:

I'm quite disappointed at the support for Ryzen+ CPUs so far. I was hoping for better. I'm not on Pinnacle Ridge yet, but I already ordered one and now I might have to switch to a new motherboard if this BIOS issue doesn't resolve with the new CPU. Confused
Good luck then, because I had my 1700 I sold and now I can't even get 3200 MHz stable with my 2700X when I had 3333 MHz stables with my 1700 and old bioses, Ryzen+ BIOS are so bad I hope ASRock fix this mess or else Ill have to buy another mobo soon
(althought I got a x370 killer sli, maybe if u taichi u should be better...)

Edited by Trender - 06 May 2018 at 2:42am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Trender Trender wrote:

Good luck then, because I had my 1700 I sold and now I can't even get 3200 MHz stable with my 2700X when I had 3333 MHz stables with my 1700 and old bioses, Ryzen+ BIOS are so bad I hope ASRock fix this mess or else Ill have to buy another mobo soon

You have this problem on x370?!

That doesn't give me much hope for the lowly B350. 
Trender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 4:51am

Originally posted by Trender Trender wrote:

You have this problem on x370?!

That doesn't give me much hope for the lowly B350. 
Didnt wanna to write a wall text.
I don't know if its specifically the Killer SLI only mobo.
So I had my 1700 until this week I sold it.
Ryzen+ BIOS were awful since the first released in January (ofc I tried all of them until this week with my 1700). They all were terrible and had unstable RAM. So I downgraded to my good ol september/november BIOS.
But I can't use these BIOS now, as I bought my 2700X (I hope it were to work good with the 2000 series CPU) but boy was I wrong. Its just as awful. Im already trying 3000 MHz after I got 3333 MHz on my 1700 with old BIOS.
Ivan_83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 12:02pm
Thanks that you (ASrock) set auto for voltage control in AB350M Pro4 bios ver 4.73B!!!
Now I got cold CPU (2200g) with 0,976V.
Prev bioses have fixed voltages 1,2+, 1,3+V and CPU was too hot - 55-65C on full load.

Also my corsair mem (hynix based) now runnig stable at 3066, and can 3200 but apps some times crashes. With 4.7 2933 was stable freq.

Please, make/return also voltage offset control, like on Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X which is based on same VRM control.
jj747 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 11:23pm
with this update the ab350m pro4 is stable or continues to suddenly stop responding?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic