ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 5 2600 and AB350 Pro4 compatibility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GordonTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 5 2600 and AB350 Pro4 compatibility
    Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:02pm
Hi,

I'm going to be purchasing a new processor for the build I'm assembling. I have an AB350 Pro4 with a bios rev. sticker that reads P4.60 attached to it. I've searched up and down numerous boards to find out whether or not the Ryzen 5 2600 is compatible with the AB350 Pro4 but haven't found any definitive answers -- some say yes, some say no, others have no idea and just suggest I go with the 1600 instead. My question, of course, is: does the AB350 Pro4 support the Ryzen 5 2600? If so, which bios version? Is 4.60 up to date enough for it to work? I'm rather worried about getting my processor and not being able to boot in the first time I put everything together, and the headache of requesting a bootkit from AMD I feel will take a lot more time than necessary.

It's worth mentioning that I bought my AB350 a literal day before the 2600 was pushed to online outlets.

Thank you for any and all help!
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:29pm
According to the ASRock website, the 2600 is compatible with your board but requires BIOS version P4.70 as a minimum.

Here's the direct link to the ASRock page: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/index.us.asp#CPU
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 2:42pm
TooQik is correct.

Prior to removing your current processor you will want to flash to 4.70 and let it boot twice with 4.70 before putting that 2600 on/in.

Since your board is already at 4.60 you can skip worrying of those Bridge BIOS warnings and simply flash to 4.70.
GordonTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GordonTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:35pm
Okay. Thank you both for the help -- I'm now a proud owner of an R5 1600 :). Couldn't opt to go with the headache of requesting a bootkit and don't have the money for an APU. Thanks again.
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:40pm
No worries!

Good luck with your build. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your 1600. Thumbs Up
Munchkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munchkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by GordonTS GordonTS wrote:

Hi,

I'm going to be purchasing a new processor for the build I'm assembling. I have an AB350 Pro4 with a bios rev. sticker that reads P4.60 attached to it. I've searched up and down numerous boards to find out whether or not the Ryzen 5 2600 is compatible with the AB350 Pro4 but haven't found any definitive answers -- some say yes, some say no, others have no idea and just suggest I go with the 1600 instead. My question, of course, is: does the AB350 Pro4 support the Ryzen 5 2600? If so, which bios version? Is 4.60 up to date enough for it to work? I'm rather worried about getting my processor and not being able to boot in the first time I put everything together, and the headache of requesting a bootkit from AMD I feel will take a lot more time than necessary.

It's worth mentioning that I bought my AB350 a literal day before the 2600 was pushed to online outlets.

Thank you for any and all help!

Im using 2600 and AB350 pro4, and yeah it need patch to 4.70 .. The only problem i got in 4.70 is when i play PUBG it always crash and i see other thread discuss bout this, seems 4.70 ver still have problem with pubg code.
Grubsie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 10:26am
I have just completed a build with the R5 2600 and asrock AB350M Pro4. Have flashed the BIOS to 4.7 and now when installing the R5 CPU the system won't boot at all. Do will I need to pop the A6 CPU back in and boot it several times before putting the R5 back in?
MPro4-FAULT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPro4-FAULT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Grubsie Grubsie wrote:

I have just completed a build with the R5 2600 and asrock AB350M Pro4. Have flashed the BIOS to 4.7 and now when installing the R5 CPU the system won't boot at all. Do will I need to pop the A6 CPU back in and boot it several times before putting the R5 back in?

Double check the BIOS upgrade you did. Maybe you difn't flashed to the Bridge BIOS first and then to a newer.

Flashing from and and old to the last ver without flashing the bridge bios may your issue, but it's hard to know due there is no information about things regarding.
Swopey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 11:29am
I just got a R5 2600 for Christmas and put it in my pc. It didn?™t do anything. I looked it up then found out about BIOS updates did those and the bridge 3.4 tried to boot with BIOS ver 5.5 didn?™t work. Took it to 4.7 minimum require for R5 2600 and still didn?™t boot. I need help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic