ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi X399 USB3 issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi X399 USB3 issues
    Posted: 09 May 2018 at 3:40am
Hi,

I am having trouble with reliable USB3 operation on my MB. It is the same for all ports, external and internal. the top two rear ports seem the most problematic.

I can plug in a USB3 key and it will work OK but does not seem to be USB3 speeds ( using one large file, so not slowed down by many small files ).

My biggest issue is trying to get files off a camera with USB3 ( Canon with micro B ). I can plug in and see the camera but as soon as data starts to move, the connection resets. Maybe 1 in 20 tries can I get a single file off the camera. Does not matter which port ( external or internal ) I'm on.

I have tried the latest driver package from the AMD site as well as the package here.

I tried my camera on a different computer and USB3 works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joel
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 2:32pm
There are no USB Micro B connections on this MB unless you installed it.
Joel_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:49pm
The micro B is the device end, still USB A on the other. Only this MB seems to have an issue.

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

There are no USB Micro B connections on this MB unless you installed it.
orionbg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orionbg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:11pm
Your board may be defective...
Mine does not have that issue and I have a lot of USB devices connected (USB2.0 and 3.1Gen1)...
Asrock X399 Taichi, AMD Threadripper 1950X, 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200MHz,
256GB Samsung PM961 nvme, 512GB Samcung 850 EVO, 512GB Intel 5400S,
GTX1080Ti FE, Lian-Li PC-O11WGX case, Custom W.Loop
Joel_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:48am
Interesting but odd. USB3 comes from different places depending on the port. Would seem odd that all are bad.

What driver rev and BIOS are you using?
Joel_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:36pm
I did some playing. My system is dual boot Win 10 and Linux. When booted to Linux ALL the ports work fine at USB3 speeds.

Seems to be an issue with the Windows out of box driver. Too bad AMD did not continue making a driver like they did with Win 7.

I did try the Win 7 64 driver, got it loaded but it did not function.

Edited by Joel_l - 11 May 2018 at 11:37pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 12:27am
The drivers.

Win10 x64
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64

--

At this point I would highly suggest you uninstall the AMD drivers through 10's Apps, reboot, and install the above linked drivers.

Reply with your results please.

Joel_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:09am
Yes, I did try the latest AMD driver package. If you look at what is included, AMD no longer supplies USB drivers for Win 10. You get the Win 10 Box drivers which do not work ( at least for my camera ).

On the AMD forum is where I saw someone was successful with loading the Win 7 version. That did not work for me.

I just ordered a PCI3 usb 3 card that uses its own drivers. I'll see if that works.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:29am
After the AMD Driver d/l is unpacked, look see in x:\AMD\AMD-Chipset-Drivers\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv

Try and force them after uninstalling the current one(s)
Joel_l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joel_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:02pm
Those are the Win 7 drivers I already tried that did not work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic