ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

M.2 SSD in RAID configuration?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BChat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M.2 SSD in RAID configuration?
    Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:43pm
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7 LGA 1151 (300 Series) Z370 ATX Intel Motherboard
2 Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB NVME PCIe SSDs      M.2 slots 1 and 3

How do I set these drives up in a RAID 0 configuration - IF it is possible to do so/
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:18am
Dear BChat,

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

Regarding your question, please follow the steps to setup the RAID volume.
1. Press F2 or Del during POST to get into BIOS.
2. Press F6 to Advanced mode.
3. Select Advanced, Storage Configuration, and set SATA Mode selection from [AHCI] to [Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration (RAID Mode)].
4. Set Launch Storage OpROM Policy from [Legacy only] to [UEFI only].
5. Set M2_1 ??RST Pcie Storage Remapping from [Disabled] to [Enabled].
6. Set M2_2 ??RST Pcie Storage Remapping from [Disabled] to [Enabled].
7. Press F10 to save configuration change and get into BIOS again.
8. Select Advanced, Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology, Create RAID Volume.
9. Key-in a volume name and press <Enter>, or simply press <Enter> to accept the default name
10. Select your desired RAID Level and press <Enter>
11. Select the hard drives to be included in the RAID array and press <Enter>
12. Select a stripe size for the RAID array and press <Enter>
13. Select Create Volume and press <Enter> to start creating the RAID array

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 11 May 2018 at 10:18am
BChat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BChat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:41am
Thank you for the excellent instructions - I'm moving the mobo to a nicer case and will follow them as soon as the mobo is in its new "home"

Thank You Again!

ASRock Rocks - Smile
BChat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BChat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:35pm
printed and followed instructions - RAID 0 volume created and showed up under Volume Actions

RAID 0 (Stripe)
128 KB strip size
244.1 GB - Size
Normal Status
Bootable - Yes

BUT

the volume did not show up under Boot options

I did manage to get everything back to the original state so I can use the machine.

May try again sometime......
BChat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BChat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:11am
Disregard above post - my mistake - all good now.
Arne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 9:10am
I have an h370m pro4 with two Samsung 970 plus nvmes that I would like to make a bootable raid 1 pair. I follow the above instructions but cannot find a place to set M2_2 RST PCIe storage remapping (M2_1 RST PCIe remapping shows up under storage settings). How do I make a bootable NVMe raid pair on this motherboard?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2020 at 2:19pm
Dear Arne,

Thanks for posting!

H370M Pro4 supports RAID with SATA ports only.
Building RAID with M.2 is not supported.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 26 Aug 2020 at 2:20pm
MikeF74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeF74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 6:34am
I own a both Z490M-ITX/ac and a B460M Pro4. I was able to set up the former with NVMe-based Intel RST RAID, but on the latter I cannot. On the ASRock website and within their respective manuals I see no mention of a difference in level of Intel RST support. I have very expensive NVMe drives I wanted to put into this B460M Pro4 based on my positive experience with the Z490M-ITX/ac. This is beyond frustrating. Could you please expose the remapping feature for M2_2 based on a lack of clarity in your marketing material. Exposing M2_3 would also be nice (I repurposed the WiFi slot for a 3rd NVMe).
BigUnlucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigUnlucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 11:35am
Hello there, great response btw. Very thorough and easy to follow. So easy in fact that if you wouldn't mind explaining to me (first day here on the forum) what exactly is the benefit to having RST Premium enabled? And what does it do?

My specs:
ASRock B460M Pro4s/ac
Intel i7 10700F
Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super
1TB HDD, 550gb HDD
Windows 10 (broke/free) home edition
2 - 8gb XCG DDR4 3000Mhz RAM
2 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200Mhz RAM. (It was only after I bought them that I learned about how you should match the same bran, model # etc etc when using multiple sticks of RAM).

Aside from my question, ive been having issues recently with the once a day blue screen, sometimes the code being CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and other times it's been Kernal something. I've ran every diagnostic tool, ive ran all the windows troubleshooting, ive watch every YT video on this subject and followed every step. And while I have made progress from blue screening a couple times every couple hours, down to once or twice a day now. I read one of failure logs today from a couple days ago,it said that my Intel Chipset driver failed to install? But since then, every day that's gone buy PC hasn't tried installing it since, so maybe that one has fixed itself? I'm just trying to give as much info as I can right now, but believe me I could go on and on for a while trying to explain the issues ive been facing. Also considering buying a new Mobo because intel makes no sense limiting the memory frequency that my mobo is capable of achieving sitting at a solid 2933mhz.. Lol like why would you want this when you could have one that allows overclocking and for half the price if you get a AMD or Ryzen? As far as that is concerned, any suggestions? Keep in mind these couple of important needs: Ability for OC'ing, SLI option as down the line ide like to get another 1660 super and run them together and see how that works out. Haven't seen that setup yet and I'm curious to know what kind of performance I could bet from that. The only other thing ide want from my new mobo would be 4 RAM slots and a couple PCIE slots for a NVME.

Thank you to whoever takes their time to read this, and thank you very very much to the wonderful person that can actually answer my many loaded questions. As I appreciate your patience for listening to the new guy. Have a wonderful day, and Merry Christmas!
"Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica".

-Dwight K. Schrute
jegmadar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jegmadar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 2:51am
Dear All,

ASROCK H470 PHANTOM GAMING 4 support M.2 RAID with 2 x M.2 Samsung 980 PRO NVMe - 2TB - MZ-V8P2T0BW ?

Thanks in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic