ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 BETA Bios 4.83 Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NINEGRAVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 BETA Bios 4.83 Feedback
    Posted: 13 May 2018 at 5:44pm
Hi guys,

just wanted to share some feedback about the current 4.83 beta bios that got released two days ago:

Positive:

- CPU OC now works generally and also when system resumes from standby - very nice.

- The vcore @ load is now not sub 0.050V away from the VID anymore but more like 0.025V - also nice.

Negative:

- As said OC now works when back from standby, BUT now the vcore is always on full volts when back from standby, means the vcore doesnt get reduced anymore when system is idle after system woke from standby - this needs to be fixed.

- Its positive that the GFX OC function got added to the OC tweaker part but its hella confusing that its also still present in the AMD CBS section - duplicate so to say - where to set what now ? Please fix this and bring GFX clock, 
  GFX voltage and GFX SoC voltage all together into the OC tweaker part so that that the duplicate can be removed from the AMD CBS section.

Suggestions:

- 3466 Mhz Ram Speed still not possible, highest stable is 3333 what is really good already but i would really love to see my 8GB Trident Z 3466 Mhz Ram Kit to run at its rated XMP Speed :) If you ASRock guys can anyhow do it, plz do it.

----------------------

So far - i'll update this post when i find further issues and would like to invite all AB350 Pro4 users to participate here and report bugs they find that i didnt see so that we finally get a good working release bios for our AB350 Pro4's.

Edited by NINEGRAVES - 14 May 2018 at 1:25am
ASRock AB350 Pro4 // Ryzen 2200G // 8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466
Blackey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:15pm
For me idle frequency never worked when OC'd on ab350 pro4 and ryzen 2400g.
They fixed a lot of bugs in this version, now oc works (not working on the last beta), igpu disabled by default when an external video card is installed and it seems really stable like 4.70 version.
Some power saving features are enabled so it's not really a problem if the cpu doesn't downclock in idle.

NINEGRAVES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NINEGRAVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:26pm
Its not about downclocking, that pretty much none B350 board does in OC condition (at least none that iam aware of) - its about downvolting vcore in idle and that it does normally, also in oc - it just doesnt anymore when system was in standby before thats why it needs to be fixed.
ASRock AB350 Pro4 // Ryzen 2200G // 8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466
akumajou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akumajou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 6:09pm
Unbelievable... So after fixing the Battlefield 1 sound skipping/jumping bug with UEFI version 4.73A, ASRock decides to bring it back with 4.83. Presumably, this is because they downgraded AGESA from 1.0.0.3b to 1.0.0.2a.
lanehacker7294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanehacker7294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:45am
Originally posted by akumajou akumajou wrote:

Unbelievable... So after fixing the Battlefield 1 sound skipping/jumping bug with UEFI version 4.73A, ASRock decides to bring it back with 4.83. Presumably, this is because they downgraded AGESA from 1.0.0.3b to 1.0.0.2a.

any luck about battlefield 1 crashing? I would rather play battlefield 1 with sound skipping than without it but crash after 10 mins. Battlefield 1 really hate Ryzen CPU, am i right

Edited by lanehacker7294 - 16 May 2018 at 1:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic