ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi will not boot any OS install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Chelosantoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelosantoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 Taichi will not boot any OS install
    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:28am
Originally posted by pbalandier pbalandier wrote:

A finally found the problem !

Just? Disable IOMMU in your North Bridge settings.
Now no freeze and reboot. Everything is ok :)

Hope this help you !

I've checked this setting in BIOS and it doesn't work either. help!!!!
Chelosantoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelosantoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 8:26am

Hello how are you, good ncohes, I want to ask you how you could install windows 10 pro on the mother x399 you have, mine is asrock x399 taichi, 1950x amd, 2x16GB ddr4 3000mhz corsair LPX, M.2 adata 256gb, ssd 240 gigabyte sata3. I can't finish installing windows 10 pro x64 bits, could you tell me what the BIOS settings are or how should I make the settings correctly, please? From already thank you very much.
janprusak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janprusak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:17am
Originally posted by pbalandier pbalandier wrote:

A finally found the problem.
Just Disable IOMMU in your North Bridge settings.
Now no freeze and reboot.

This solved the problem for me too, thanks.
jbmerrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbmerrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:13pm
I was finally able to do a fresh install of Win 10, but only to my stand alone Samsung 960 Pro nvme drive, after removing my Orico USB 3.0 addon adapter card.

When I try to install to my 850 evo raid volume, or my Ultra Quad raid volume, I can't get past the initial copying of files, as I get an error that Windows detected the EFI system partition is formatted as NTFS, when it should be FAT32.

This makes no sense and I have not found a solution, even after completely wiping the destination drives (with diskpart->clean), I cannot install Win 10 to a raid volume.

There were a couple of other error messages, but the farthest got is as above.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

B.
X399 Pro Gaming, 2990wx Threadripper,128GB G.Skill RGB 3200,EVGA 1200 P2,EVGA GTX 1080 Ti x 2 SLI, Enermax Liqtech 360mm,Samsung 970 EVO/960 Pro/850 EVOs, Toshiba x300 HDDs, Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
pbalandier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pbalandier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 4:09pm
A finally found the problem !

Just  Disable IOMMU in your North Bridge settings.
Now no freeze and reboot. Everything is ok :)

Hope this help you !

Edited by pbalandier - 01 Aug 2018 at 8:04pm
pbalandier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbalandier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 3:36pm
Hi,
Exactly the same problem. Loading Win10 on USB stick, there's Windows logo, then HD LED just flash, then black screen and reboot... and loop.
The stick is good, reformate and made with Microsoft tool.

MB : Asrock Taichi X399 (BIOS upgrade 2.00 => 2.30 => 3.10)
CPU : AMD 1950X Threadripper with Enermax Liqtech
RAM : GSKill 64 Go
SSD : Samsung 500 Go 
GPU : PNY P400

I try lot of things and settings in BIOS without success...
Try with a HD same thing, Try with 4, 3 and 2 RAM slots same thing.
Don't know.

Is there something new about this problem since 16 july ? Thanks
jbmerrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbmerrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 6:09am
Hi,

I have this same exact issue. I also have the Asrock Ultra Quad m.2 adapter with 4 WDC ssds in RAID 0 as well as Samsung 850 Evos. I do have Windows installed, but don't know how I managed it as I can no longer boot off of install media because it hangs (freezes) on the Windows logo (DVD or USB Flash drive, or even disk drive media).

I think I initially installed in AHCI mode to a stand alone 960 Pro.
I am able to boot off of a Windows 7 DVD , but that seems to be all (not even Windows 8.1 works).

I managed to backup and restore my O.S. (Windows 10 and Win 8.1) to other partitions and use easybcd to manage them. I also have Windows 7 Ult installed on a stand alone SATA drive.

But this is driving me crazy as I cannot update my O.S. (insider preview), or do a clean install.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have talked with Asrock, Microsoft, and AMD and am out of ideas.

Thanks,

Bryan
X399 Pro Gaming, 2990wx Threadripper,128GB G.Skill RGB 3200,EVGA 1200 P2,EVGA GTX 1080 Ti x 2 SLI, Enermax Liqtech 360mm,Samsung 970 EVO/960 Pro/850 EVOs, Toshiba x300 HDDs, Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
TANWare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANWare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 6:20am
Usually when the logo hangs it is hardware initialization. Remove all drives except the DVD and usb header for that media. Since you have a 1060 SLI use only one video card installed at first.

Edit; be sure too also try both video cards as well. One could be bad where ASCII is posing but hardware refuses a full video initialization.

Edited by TANWare - 19 May 2018 at 6:44pm
x399 Taichi, 1950x, 32GB 3466 DDR4
2x500GB 960EVO,Asus 1080TI
Passmark
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:40pm
No worries, sorry it didn't help.

Good luck with the replacement motherboard. Hopefully the new one works first time in installing an OS.
Sirbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sirbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:51pm
Thank you very much for the effort, unfortunately it didn't work. Talked to the shop I bought it from, going to return it later today. One of the screws from one of the M2-slots was rattling around in the Motherboard-box when I opened it, maybe that was the issue?

Thanks to everyone for your efforts!
X399 Taichi, Threadripper 1920X, 64 Gigs (4 sticks) of Vengeance LPX DDR4, ASUS GeForce 1060 Dual OC, Corsair AX1200i PSU and KINGSTON 480GB SSDNow UV400 SATA3 6Gb/s.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic