ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Addressable RGB LED (WS2812B)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Addressable RGB LED (WS2812B)
    Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:43pm
Hi Guys,

I cannot get the addressable RGB LED strip working properly Confused, only one LED work Cry. I have two stripe and the two strip have the same issue.

The motherboard is the Asrock x470 Master SLI/ac. I use the polychrome application v1.0.11, if I setup the good amount of addressable LED only one LED light up with the good color, if I set the number to 7 the RGB stripe LED stop working, if I put less than 7 the LED under the chipset stop working too...

I have plug a logic analyser on the addressable RGB LED strip. My observation was that only 24 bit of data was send each time. Normaly for this kind of RGB addressable LED it's [24 bit x Number of LED]. So for my case 24 bit x 22 LED = 528 bits of data.

So I think that is a software problem...

I try bios v1.00, v1.10 and v1.15 without change.

Someone of you have I solution for my problem?

Thanks Smile,
-Corso-
akirabbq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akirabbq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:47pm
Try to flash the LED firmware under Windows:

That should fix the problem. I had a similar issue as well when I first setup the board.

Edited by akirabbq - 07 Jun 2018 at 10:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic