ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

usb 3.0 ports not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toosalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: usb 3.0 ports not working
    Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:33pm
hello,

ive just recently got a z370 fatality gaming k6 board. Im unable to get the usb 3.0 ports on the motherboard to work. the 3.1 works and the 3.0s and 2.0s on my case work but the fatality mouse port and the the 3 other usb 3.0s do not. im running windows 10 and have tried multiple devices in them with no luck.i have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers through device manager. reset the bios cmos and made sure all ports are enabled.  my bios is updated to 1.80 and windows says there is no othe updates i can do. usually i would trobleshoot my way through google but im all out of ideas.

thanks for reading 
pls help haha 

Edited by toosalt - 23 May 2018 at 5:36pm
kanonir38rus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanonir38rus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 12:48pm
and did not solve the problem? I have a similar ..
toosalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toosalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:56pm
yep  still no luck, the only thing i can find is someone in a forum said if if legacy is enabled when you install windows 10 that may cause a problem for the ports but i cant be bothered reinstalling windows again. maybe later down the track i will

badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:04am
Curious.. which version of Windows 10 are you running ? The two USB 3.0 ports next to (below) the PS2 port are from the Z370 PCH and should work with any wired mouse and keyboard under all Win 10 versions. Same for the other two USB 3.0 ports under the Network port on the back panel.
Have you checked the BIOS under Advanced . USB to make sure all ports are set to Enabled ?
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:21am

Dear Toosalt,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please try if the USB ports work at BIOS or not.

If the USB ports work at BIOS, the problem might be the OS.

Please reinstall the OS to try.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

toosalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toosalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:00pm
thanks for the reply. 

Im currently running windows 10 pro.

when in the bios i have the same results  all usb ports on my case wether they be 2.0 or 3.0 work
but on the mother board the only port that works is the light blue 3.1 port.

only thing left to try is reinstalling windows . ( but im not quite ready as ive just finished setting everything else up the way i like it ). 

im about to buy a new case so when i swap my gear over ill try reinstalling windows. 

either way if its only 3 usb ports that dont work i dont think i can be bothered swapping the motherboard for the hastle that it will be . not sure how much use id get out of the fancy mouse port either.  

fingers crossed some sneaky windows update fixes things because im all out of luck

Edited by toosalt - 31 May 2018 at 6:02pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 1:23am
The last thing you can try is this:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

That should completely clear CMOS as well as RTC and any hidden registers. If that doesn't help then you either need to RMA the board or just put up with it. Personally I would RMA if it's new and under warranty to avoid potential cascading issues down the road. 

The ports not working in the UEFI is a bad indicator. It should be fine if it's just a blown ESD fuse (Electro Static Discharge) but if the issue is with a controller it could get worse and effect other areas of the system. Better safe than sorry.
toosalt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toosalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:10am
Thanks for all of the replies. after exhausting all methods including clearing the cmos for a few hours. i took the motherboard back to the shop and showed them this conversation. they agreed it was faulty and swapped for a new board. took about 20 minutes and now i have a new board and all my ports work. 

cheers guys 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic