ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS beta Z77 Extreme 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS beta Z77 Extreme 4
    Posted: 27 May 2018 at 3:35pm
Hello, I have the Z77 Extreme 4, with BIOS 2.90M.Windows 10 H, M.2 Samsung 951 with adapter DT-120, working well, without problems, I have seen that a beta BIOS 3 (update CPU microcode) update has come out, Is it worth updating?
I have updated to beta 3, and the screen remains with a sign that says, Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in select device and press and law.
What happens, why does not the system load? 
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:01am
When you flash a BIOS it resets everything to default. You need to go into BIOS and set the boot device to Samsung.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
Julian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:17am
Hi, thanks for replying, if you knew that, but I can not get it started with M.2, the Windows Boot Manager option does not appear, nor the disk, in bios 2.90M if the Windows Boot Manager option appears.
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 9:41am
Try pressing F11 when Asrock Logo first appears, it should give the BIOS boot menu. Look at the boot choices and write them down to post here. Next: Choose the UEFI boot drive if listed using arrow keys and hit Enter to see if it boots to Windows. If it does not boot and CFM and secure boot is enabled try going into BIOS and disable them on BOOT page..
edit: bad text :(

Edited by badbri - 28 May 2018 at 10:26am
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
Julian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 8:15pm

I do not know if this video will be valid, in the bios 2.9, there is the Windows Boot Manager option and the M.2, and in the Bios 3 version, there is neither the M.2 nor the Windows Boot Manager option, in bios 2.9, it is configured alone, I do not touch anything, it is the default option, and in version 3 I do not touch anything, it is also the default option.
I hope the video is worth it.

Edited by Julian - 28 May 2018 at 9:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic