ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z170 Gaming itx/ac Bios Update stuck at 98%

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eltreum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z170 Gaming itx/ac Bios Update stuck at 98%
    Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 6:58am
Well this isnt fun.

I went to update the bios with the update from today and now the instant flash is stuck at 98% with the mouse and keyboard not working.

Cry
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 5:08pm
Well that isn't good Cry

Unfortunately the z170 Gaming itx/ac doesn't have dual BIOS so the only thing you can do is give it a few hours then if it hasn't resumed try rebooting and clearing CMOS. The last 2 are hail marys and probably won't work.

You are then left with 2 choices, return the board or purchase a new BIOS chip for it here. ASRock will ship you a new BIOS chip preflashed with the latest BIOS already. It is very unpleasant when this kind of thing happens during a flash, you have my sympathy.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 11:57pm
Instant Flash failures are rare, I've never had one fail for me.

DON"T turn off the PC if it is still on. You can try pressing the Reset button on the PC, and the update might finish on its own. Of course don't remove the USB flash drive.

If you were using the Internet Flash feature, if you can on another PC, download, unzip, and copy the UEFI file to a USB flash drive. Put the flash drive in a USB 2.0 port on the PC, and press the Reset button.

If you did turn off the PC, have the flash drive in the PC and start it up and hope for the best.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic