ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x370 code 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eideren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi x370 code 11
    Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 8:33pm
Hello,

I have an x370 taichi with a a6-9500 APU and two sticks of g.skill f4 2400c15d-16gfx, the actual cpu i'm trying to use on this mobo is a ryzen 2700x, I was trying to boot on the apu to update the bios to support that second gen ryzen and then swap to it but I can't even get a signal to the screen.

So the FAQ says that errors between 01 and 54 are memory related, so I tried using a single stick, tried each ram slots and tried with the other stick of ram but it didn't help.

The motherboard, RAM and CPU are new, PSU, GPU and screen aren't but they work correctly ; I'm using them on a am3 motherboard right now.

My screen connected through DP or DVI to the graphics card on the highest PCIE slot doesn't receive signal, fans on the CPU, case and GPU are working correctly, USB device don't seem to get any power.

Before getting stuck on 11, the display shows a specific sequence a couple of times ( 8-10 times or so ) E0 - 2b - F3 (then a whole bunch of other codes going too fast and restarts at E0) I think.

Thank you for reading this far, I hope someone as a clue as to what I am supposed to do to resolve this issue.

Edited by Eideren - 15 Jun 2018 at 8:37pm
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 10:03pm
last time i looked

the taichi dosnt have a bios to support the apu, as its not intended to use an apu with the taichi

the apu you are using isnt even a ryzen based part, so the chance of it booting a cpu/apu that has never needed to include code for is slim
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Eideren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eideren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:40pm
Well I kind of jumped on the apu solely based on the last post on this thread : http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8540&title=x370-taichi-with-a6-apu
Wouldn't it show a different error code if it was cpu related ?

Support replied back and told me that I should contact my retailer about this issue ... I'm sure my retailer knows more about the code than the manufacturer of said motherboard, that makes a lot of sense.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 3:16am
code 11 is cpu initialisation, so what support says is pretty much correct
or use cpu which is supported with your bios version
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 6:03am
if the retailer sold you the board and 2700 cpu as a pair then they should have either flashed bios to newer 4x versions  OR told you it wasnt suitable

i think this is the point asrock is making

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Eideren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eideren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 6:41am
Alright, thanks a bunch guys ! I'll try to see with my retailer or AMD if they can send me an upgrade kit.

Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

if the retailer sold you the board and 2700 cpu as a pair then they should have either flashed bios to newer 4x versions  OR told you it wasnt suitable

i think this is the point asrock is making

That motherboard was bought before second gen came out, I am kind of stuck with it right now.
If support told me that code 11 is cpu related then I would have totally understood why they would answer like that but they didn't even mention what that issue is related to so I just thought that they couldn't be bothered to help me out.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 6:59pm
i can understand your frustration, really i can

but i think its just not translated very well (and i mean often the context not the words)

e.g. western may beat round the bush and give grey opinions ,eastern can be very black and white answers

anyways ....

your issue that needs advice
options are
return the 2700 and use first gen
or
beg borrow or steal (metaphorically) a first gen RYZEN cpu to flash bios
or
find local computer shop repair centre willing to flash bios for you

less scruplous persons may well order a cpu from amazon use it to flash bios and return it to amazon.............. not that any of us fine people would do that though

be careful with the amd program, as far as im aware they send out another APU and if that is indeed the problem then it wont help you

Edited by datonyb - 16 Jun 2018 at 7:00pm

Eideren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eideren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 8:02pm
It's fine really, entirely my fault for relying on a that forum post.

I'll mention the lack of APU support to AMD and see with them if I can borrow an actual Ryzen 1st gen.
Thanks again !
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 9:48pm
While you wait, if you still have the board and APU, try putting your discrete GPU in the last PCIe slot (without the steel reinforcement). I believe this slot is fed by the chipset and not the CPU. The APU has very limited PCIe lanes, if that is what is causing the holdup it may allow you past the 11 code. I doubt it but it's worth a shot if you are waiting on parts/replies anyway. 

The X370 Taichi is a great board, I thoroughly enjoy mine, I even managed 4.1ghz (boot but not stable) on my 1600x with it. It's quite happy running at 4.0 all day long. Luck will vary depending on CPU but I couldn't even get 3.9 properly stable on my X370 Gaming K4 which uses a much weaker VRM design.
Eideren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eideren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:37pm
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't receive an email for it like it did for the others.
Damn, I tried the second slot but didn't check the third one, oh well, it's too late now, I don't have the APU anymore.

So I did end up contacting AMD and they told me that they only sent APUs, so I ended up asking for a refund for the APU and bought a ryzen 3 1200 which luckily discounted.

I booted up on the 1200, flashed the bios to 3.30 and then 4.40 ( a bunch of people have issues with 4.60 apparently ) put my 2700x and everything went swimmingly, well, besides a whole lot of program panicking about outdated/invalid licenses, herrh, hardware bound licenses are a pain.

Thanks again guys !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic