ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini 110 intermittent Sound Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UncleBT4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini 110 intermittent Sound Issues
    Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:40am
Hi All,
I have two of these ASRock deskmini 110's and they both have the same sound problem.
The Display cable serves the monitor and sound is from HDMI cable into ONKYO sound system.
Both desk mini have win 10 using i7 65 watt, all driver updates are the latest, win 10 latest, BIOS latest.

Problem, it plays music / audio fine, then all the sudden it stops for a second or 3 seconds, then plays again.  It can play for 10 minutes without any issue, then suddenly it stops for a few seconds again.ext time it may play for 2 minutes before it stops / starts again - nothing set, all random times.   The HDMI cable is good far as I know and works fine on other computer.  IT is not the ONKYO as it plays without issues from another computer just fine.

These deskminis have the HDMI cable tight to the motherboard plate where the HDMI cable might be touching the motherboard plate?  Figured if it was that, maybe it would not work at all but not sure maybe that can play a factor?

I really want to keep and use these mini's 110, but hard to use them with this sound issue.

Appreciate any suggestions to help with this sound issue.   Thanks!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:44pm
Dear UncleBT4,

Thanks for posting your query to ASRock forum.

Kindly try some suggestions below:
1. Kindly plug the HDMI cable to TV without plugging to ONKYO system and try.
2. Kindly try using different HDMI cable and try. 

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
UncleBT4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UncleBT4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:20pm
Thank you for the suggestion AsRock TSD!!   I borrowed a newer HDMI 2.0 4K cable used elsewhere and swapped it out tonight - listed to sound for 25 minutes with zero issues in the mini.   Keep an ear on it, but hopefully it is fixed with a simple solution of cable swap.  Time to order another good cable.  Thanks again!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic