ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heads up on AB350 and X370 itx uefi update?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALB92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 8:39am
Good to see things getting better especialy for those using Raven and Pinnacle but did anything changed for Summit users ?
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 4:32pm
The ab350 has a lot of ram related bios options, but I can't remember any boot voltage options. But it seems latest bios solved peoples cold boot problems.
I don't know the ab370, but I'm guessing it's identical.
wino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by PPBottle PPBottle wrote:

I'm in release 3.00 bios (AGESA 1.0.0.6a) with a 1700x and knowing most of you guys already updated up to 4.7x already, I want to know if later BIOSes have the option to set Dram boot voltage and VTT DDR. Most importantly dram boot as this is the 1# solver of cold boot issues, thanks in advance!
there is no Dram Boot Voltage option (and probably never was), but there is MEM VDDIO and VTT MEM.
| AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac 10.08 BIOS | Ryzen 5 5600 | G.Skill Flare X 2x8GB @ 3400 14-14-14-28 | Zotac GTX 1050 Ti | Kingston KC3000 1 TB M.2 | SilentiumPC Supremo M2 Gold 550W V2 |
SYS64738 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYS64738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by SYS64738 SYS64738 wrote:

Flashed the new version and my G.Skills XMP-3200 profile now runs without any further tweaking and does not get reset after power loss. So far, so good

Ok, after some testing this seems to be the most enjoyable experience so far. Now that the basics work I looked deeper into the options and noticed some bugs:

1. When the AsRock OC mode is used, you can not disable Core Performance boost since it switches back to Auto. This forces you to use AMD CBS mode if you want the Raven Rigde CPU portion run much cooler since your focus is on the iGPU. I think this may be an old issue but I am pretty sure somewhere on my update journey I had Core Performance Boost disabled with ASRock OC enabled.

2. The settings on the main page for iGPU clock speed and voltages seem to do nothing. I have to use the AMD CBS options hidden in the advanced tab to try different speeds.

Can anyone else confirm these issues or has found more bugs worth reporting?
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 7:22pm
I can not confirm any of your issues.
I'm using ASRock overclock mode without core boost. All the BIOS version I tried disable core boost when frequency is changed from default. This is also how AMD states OC mode should work.
The GPU clock and voltage on main page of advanced settings works just fine, IF you leave the CBS GPU freq/voltage on auto.
SOC voltage sets the GPU voltage at idle/low load, and change to GPU value when loaded. -So for my 2400G I have SOC voltage at 1.05 and GPU voltage at 1.275. This enables the Vega 11 GFX to run at 1600MHz without generating a lot of heat when idle Smile
SYS64738 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYS64738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by WinWiz WinWiz wrote:

I can not confirm any of your issues.
I'm using ASRock overclock mode without core boost. All the BIOS version I tried disable core boost when frequency is changed from default. This is also how AMD states OC mode should work.
The GPU clock and voltage on main page of advanced settings works just fine, IF you leave the CBS GPU freq/voltage on auto.
SOC voltage sets the GPU voltage at idle/low load, and change to GPU value when loaded. -So for my 2400G I have SOC voltage at 1.05 and GPU voltage at 1.275. This enables the Vega 11 GFX to run at 1600MHz without generating a lot of heat when idle?Smile

Ok, my second guess would have been conflicting settings.

So, coming from default settings you disabled Core performance boost in the advanced tab and set all the other settings you mentioned above on the main page? Or did you do something else in addition like setting the CPU frequency and vcore? Thanks for your feedback.
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 12:06am
Yes I did everything (except setting the gfx Uma mode, and adjusting fan speeds) on the main page.
I just verified core boost will be disabled automatically when you change frequency.

Edited by WinWiz - 27 Aug 2018 at 1:27am
PPBottle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PPBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 3:28am

Good to know, to make it sure you mean 4.71 beta is the one that fixed cold boot problems?

On 3.00 I have "stable" memory (run stressapptest 3 hours, run HCI memtest up to 1000% on all instances and both no errors), but booting is somewhat tricky sometimes, even resets. But after the second training it always boots and I have never got my memory settings reset because of too many training failures.

It's annoying but I can live with it. But if later bioses solve this I guess I will try them in the future. Only thing is stress testing everything again is kind of a bother, as different AGESA can make or break stability of your current memory settings.

Do anyone know if after 3.6 bridge bios, you can "bridge back" to pre 3.6 if you follow the reverse bios flashing order?
SYS64738 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYS64738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 3:49am
Originally posted by WinWiz WinWiz wrote:

Yes I did everything (except setting the gfx Uma mode, and adjusting fan speeds) on the main page.
I just verified core boost will be disabled automatically when you change frequency.

Just tested and setting the GPU frequency does not change the boost to 3.9 GHz giving me temps above 90 degrees Celsius when stressing the CPU. What am I missing? Are you setting the CPU frequency as well? If so what frequency and vcore values do you use? Thank you for your help.
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:10am
Oh... sorry since you said ASRock OC mode, I kind assumed you was overclocking your CPU
I have constantly been tweaking my system since I got it so now I know how my systems twerks.

What RAM, CPU and cooler do you have and what is the goal of your Overclock, gaming performance? General (not 3D) performance? Or are you looking for a balanced OC?

Personally I sacreficed a little CPU performance to gain 3D perfomance so my 2400G is running like this:

CPU: 3800Mhz
Vcore: 1.375V
SMT: Enabled
DRAM: 3200Mhz
GFX clock: 1550Mhz 
(played some games today and had some driver crashes so lowered this down from 1600)
GFX Voltage: 1.275V
(This is a bit high but my GFX needs this for stability at 1550Mhz, and I figure if it kills my CPU in the long run I have an excuse to upgrade next year. And my Noctua NL-L9a-AM4 can handle the heat)
CPU SOC voltage: 1.1V
CPU Vcore offset: 0
VDDCR SOC offset: 0
DRAM Voltage: 1.25V
(My corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 with Henix dies are rated for 3000Mhz-15-17-17@1.35V, but I can't run them above 3200Mhz-16-17-17 no matter how much voltage i feed them. And @1.25V I can clock my CPU to 3800 -1.35V DRAM voltage limmits my CPU OC to about 3.700MHz) 
2.5V Voltage: 2.5V
+1.8 Voltage: 1.8V
1.05V_Prom Voltage: 1.08 (auto)

Thats it.

Edited by WinWiz - 27 Aug 2018 at 11:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic