ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heads up on AB350 and X370 itx uefi update?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYS64738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 1:17pm
Thanks for posting your settings. I want to maximise gaming performance and keep the voltages as low as possible. Therefore I disabled the boost as it saves about 20 degrees under load. Before the update to 4.7 and 4.71 I could run 1500 MHz at 1.2V gfx voltage for the iGPU just fine. In Forza Horizon 3 I now get crashes of the application and sometimes hard reboots. Something in this version seems to be less stable regarding the iGPU.
DYSEQTA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DYSEQTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 6:44am
Anyone else notice the X370 ITX Beta 4.71 has been removed from the website? Anyone know why?

Edited by DYSEQTA - 01 Sep 2018 at 6:44am
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 7:06am
Originally posted by SYS64738 SYS64738 wrote:

Thanks for posting your settings. I want to maximise gaming performance and keep the voltages as low as possible. Therefore I disabled the boost as it saves about 20 degrees under load. Before the update to 4.7 and 4.71 I could run 1500 MHz at 1.2V gfx voltage for the iGPU just fine. In Forza Horizon 3 I now get crashes of the application and sometimes hard reboots. Something in this version seems to be less stable regarding the iGPU.

Did you change any settings, like RAM frequency, going from bios 4.6 to 4.7 ?
SYS64738 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYS64738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by WinWiz WinWiz wrote:

Did you change any settings, like RAM frequency, going from bios 4.6 to 4.7 ?

No, I did not. But also the drivers are not yet all stable. To be surr, do you know a benchmark which is suitable for stress testing the igpu?
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 12:01am
Furmark is REALLY hard on any graphics card. Actually it's so hard I don't think it's representative of any real workload/games. -And I have seen brand new dedicated graphicscard generate errors in furmark. I think it's ok for a short test but don't let it run for hours.
I think 3dmark is more like a real world game, so I use it to test my gfx overclock. But the best test is using your computer like normal, playing the games you usually play. If you notice anything anomaly, downclock and check if it helps.
SYS64738 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYS64738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 3:02am
Originally posted by DYSEQTA DYSEQTA wrote:

Anyone else notice the X370 ITX Beta 4.71 has been removed from the website? Anyone know why?

Unfortunately not. But as they send out newer versions via email maybe it will be back online with more improvements soon?
Walknbos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walknbos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 3:37am
Yes, not sure why 4.71 BETA was removed.  I've been running it for over a week, and it has been very stable for me, helped with saving XMP Memory settings and some wired stuff with Corsair Keyboard and Mouse - running even when system powered off.  Plus since I am running a Ryzen 5 2400G, the APU overclocking in the Bios seems to work fine, now.  This board is working really well now, also I am running the Radeon 18.8.1 and games now run pretty smooth without BSOD, which were quite frequent when I first built the system.  Also, have noted a drop in temp during normal operations, using the Performance ASROCK Fan setting in the Bios.

Edited by Walknbos - 02 Sep 2018 at 5:21am

ASROCK B350 ITX // Ryzen 5 2400APU // Vast Monitor // 16gigs GSkill Ripjaws //Samsung M.2 SSD // MX500 SSD / INWIN Chopin
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 6:17am
Yes BETA 4.71A works fine for me. Only problem I have noticed is that when GFX is overclocked my 2400G CPU core boost at 3.9GHz, even with 8 threads at 100% load.
I think it's only supposed to boost to 3.9 for short bursts, that is how it behaves when the GFX isn't overclocked. The permanent boost to 3.9GHz with 100% load causes very high temperatures and makes my system unstable.
But I can not remember if earlier BIOS versions behaved like this..?
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 3:24am
Hey guys with APU's can you test when overclocking the GPU using the newly added menu in OC Tweaker, if trying to reset the overclock to default by setting Auto in both the voltage and frequency will it reset to default or just say auto and stay with the previous inserted values?
With 4.71 on my board trying to set the GPU overclock to default will not work, a UEFI reset is needed, or fiddling in AMD/CBS like with older UEFI's

Edited by cristy6100 - 03 Sep 2018 at 3:24am
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
WinWiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinWiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 5:27am
Originally posted by cristy6100 cristy6100 wrote:

Hey guys with APU's can you test when overclocking the GPU using the newly added menu in OC Tweaker, if trying to reset the overclock to default by setting Auto in both the voltage and frequency will it reset to default or just say auto and stay with the previous inserted values?
With 4.71 on my board trying to set the GPU overclock to default will not work, a UEFI reset is needed, or fiddling in AMD/CBS like with older UEFI's

Yes that is the way its working.
As far as i know Asrocks OC menu is actually a more user-friendly interface for some of AMDs frequently used settings. It gathers the various settings in one page and lets the user enter values in decimal instead of hex vid's.
I don't know why Asrocks GFX settings will only increase AMD's values and not reset them to auto, in my book this is only a cosmetic bug.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic