ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 does not boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SickWheelchairCombos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 does not boot
    Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:38am
Just put together a new computer, and when I turn it on, the case light turns on and the fans all spin up, but I get no output to my monitor. I've tried swapping my hdmi cord between the graphics card and motherboard outputs (I have a ryzen 3 2200g that says it has integrated graphics), I've left it on for minutes at a time, but I have no idea if anything's happening, because it isn't outputting to the monitor. It also isn't turning itself off, ever, and to turn it off I've had to use the psu switch because the switch on the case doesn't do it. I have tried multiple ram layouts with two different kinds of ram (both of which are on the compatibility list) and I've tried it with and without the graphics card hooked up. Everything is on the compatibility lists, and this motherboard has no indicator lights so I have no idea what's not working.

CPU: ryzen 3 2200g
GPU: zotac gtx 1060 6gb mini
MOBO: ab350m pro4
RAM: Viper Patriot 2x4gb ddr4 3000mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb
tch23987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tch23987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 12:43pm
Did you update Bios version?
I heard that AB350M Pro4  support ryzen 3 2200g in BIOS version 4.5

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M%20Pro4/index.asp#CPU
Kurt18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 6:56pm
If you have an older video card, you might try installing that and switch the video cable to it.  My machine will display a Windows desktop using the Ryzen 3 graphics but when trying to boot Ubuntu it behaves as you describe. A separate graphics card may not help but if you have one or can borrow one, it might be worth a try. I assume you're booting Windows but still, there's no cost except time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic