ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 - XMP Profile Locks PC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 - XMP Profile Locks PC
    Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 5:31am
Hi All

When i click on the load XMP profile for my X370 Gaming X board, it locks the PC - its totally unresponsive and requires a reboot.

I am not using memory on the compatibility list (yes, yes, i know - but its what I have for now, Corsair 2933).

Is this just a case of me being sweet out of luck, and i am stuck with stock memory speeds?

I have read folks are loading XMP and then setting the speed manually, but i dont seem to have that option.

Thanks
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 7:07am
Originally posted by Valacer Valacer wrote:

Hi All

When i click on the load XMP profile for my X370 Gaming X board, it locks the PC - its totally unresponsive and requires a reboot.

I am not using memory on the compatibility list (yes, yes, i know - but its what I have for now, Corsair 2933).

Is this just a case of me being sweet out of luck, and i am stuck with stock memory speeds?

I have read folks are loading XMP and then setting the speed manually, but i dont seem to have that option.

Thanks

Memory being on the QVL means that you can load it by using A-XMP profiles and set it and forget it.  Your memory can reach it's speed by tweaking it.  I suggest you use the Ryzen DRAM Calculator and Thaiphoon Burner to see the SPD profiles available to you for said tweaking and then slowly change the settings till it's stable.  It's pretty easy to do. 
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 3:31pm
look for similar/same IC kits and run those settings

you could have pre-ryzen XMP kits those dont fair well with Ryzens 
Valacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Reinvented Reinvented wrote:

Memory being on the QVL means that you can load it by using A-XMP profiles and set it and forget it.  Your memory can reach it's speed by tweaking it.  I suggest you use the Ryzen DRAM Calculator and Thaiphoon Burner to see the SPD profiles available to you for said tweaking and then slowly change the settings till it's stable.  It's pretty easy to do. 

Thanks mate
Valacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 5:37am
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

look for similar/same IC kits and run those settings

you could have pre-ryzen XMP kits those dont fair well with Ryzens 

Thats proabably whats going on, if i dropped the set into an intel platform they might well be quite happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic