ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock 960GC-GS FX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FedeGata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock 960GC-GS FX
    Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 11:27pm

Cheap, flexible little beast

I just want to talk 'bout a little rig I made for my two sisters. All the built was created in order to use a old Athlon 64 x2 4400+ and two sticks of cellshock ddr2-1200 1gb I had in one of my drawers.

So I looked for a mainboard taht would use those components, and that at the same time would give me the chance to upgrade it to the latest AMD cpus and ddr3 memories. I looked on the online catalogue from my usual reseller, and i chose the AsRock 960GC-GS FX.

Don't underestimate this tiny beast. Now it supports an AMD PHENOM II 945 with 2*4gb kingston ddr3 1600 mHz, and in the near future, if the prices would get lower, i'd like to buy an AMD FX8320E in order to put it to the next level.

Of course, I tried to make a s much low noise as possible pc, so I bought a zalman fx100 cpu cooler. The cpu is a bit hotter than with a low-rpm fan cooler, but the zero-noise experience is awesome.

Here are some pictures of my great motherboard. The AsRock 960GC-GS FX.

Edited by FedeGata - 03 Oct 2015 at 12:01am
Follow me on silent lab, bits and chips and Harware Upgrade (forums), and on Plays.tv (pc gameplay videos)!
Phenomiinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Phenomiinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:17pm
That thing must run silent as the grave, I always love a good silent PC :)
ASRock Expert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:45pm
Nice rig, good case - bad cable-job.

Disassemble it, and take your time to do it better. 
990FX Extreme 9 MOD P1.70
AMD FX 8120 4GHz 1.25V
Thermalright HR-02
Patriot Viper 2x4GB 2133MHz
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
MSI R7970 TFIII 3GB
CORSAIR VX550W
LanCool K62 Dragonlord
ASUS Xonar D2X
FedeGata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FedeGata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 4:38am
@phenominiinal, thank you!! Believe me, it's very silent, and that's a very good think while you're working for 'bout 8H a day with your rig. I made a gaming rig focused on silence, If you like to know about it I can send you the forum link (it's on silent lab)

@Asrock Expert, believe me but it's kinda hard to have a better cable management in this case. It's very tiny, but needs some modular psu to have a better management inside. I'll try to put some cables in a narrow place, but they're very tough to bend behind the mainboard shield, and there's not so much room for them. To tell you more, the air circulation is not so much influenced by the disposition of the cables, and the photos I took made the cable management look uglier than it is in the real life look. BTW, I'll try to make some room, in the next days I'll have to make some manteinance.
Follow me on silent lab, bits and chips and Harware Upgrade (forums), and on Plays.tv (pc gameplay videos)!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic