ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

crossfire r9 Fury X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamjakpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crossfire r9 Fury X
    Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 4:22am
Hello can some on help me , does  the motherboard Fatal1ty Z97 Killer support Crossifre  R9 Fury X ? thank you in advance . if not wich next upgrade motherboard should I get. If this motherboards supports crossfire R9 fury X then I don't have to buy a new motherboard . If this mother board doesn't support tthen I have to upgrade to a newer mother board. Thank you in advance !
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:03pm
the board you posted is a Intel board,this is the AMD section.
But to answer,yes you can crossfire r9 cards,if you have the power supply to power them properly.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 3:10pm
If you checked your board's information page, you would see it supports Crossfire:

Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX??and CrossFireX??nbsp;

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z97%20Killer/

Is "Crossifre  R9 Fury X" somehow different than any other Crossfire of AMD/ATI video cards?

You might want to look a little closer at the specs for the PCIe slots. If you have a card in the PCIE1 or PCIE3 slots, Crossfire won't work.

Also, you might want to check the specs of the second PCIe slot (PCIE4), if that is good enough to justify the cost of a second Fury X.
jamjakpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamjakpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 2:49pm
Thank you guys !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic