ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Taichi X470] MasterAir G100M RGB not addressable
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Taichi X470] MasterAir G100M RGB not addressable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Taichi X470] MasterAir G100M RGB not addressable
    Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:44am
Hello, I recentely bought an ASRock Taichi (not the ultimate, the normal one) X470 chipset and everything (except fast boot since I have an NVMe drive) works flawlessly (no OC, i'm not an OC guy anymore)

But there is one little problem, the RGB leds on the motherboard, and also on the RAM works great and I can configure them with the software (ASRRGBLED) but not the CPU cooler, which is the Cooler Master MasterAir G100M.

I saw on this page : https://www.asrock.com/microsite/PolyChromeRGB/
that the cooler is not on the list, but on the cover of the CM MasterAir G100M, it says "Certified Compatible with ASRock RGB LED" and also other brands.

What's happening ? Is it supported ? Not supported ? Planned to be supported but canceled ?
Can it be fixed by a possible BIOS/UEFI update ?

Thanks for reading :)

EDIT : I can always configure the CPU cooler's leds with the physical controller but my choice is not remembered, reseting to red after each shut downs, meaning it can only be red unless I change it at every boot, which is not very practical.

Edited by Deus - 11 Aug 2018 at 3:48am
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:36pm
how did u connect it?
directly to mobo (fan led header) or with controller.
as far as i can see, your mobo has same pinout as your rgb toy (+12v/r/g/b) so its compatible

Deus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:39pm
It is connected to the main cpu 4pin fan slot, and the leds are being powered by a physical controler that goes through a molex thing.
It's a two cables cpu cooler. I believed the first cable also contains the means to communicate data for the rgb, as the second could be "only" powered.
But the second cable is very very short, and the only way to make it longer is to plug the physical controller molex adapter thing.

kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:09pm
umm well, it doesnt matter what do you believe in, but cpu fan cable is just for spinning your fan, there is no rgb on it.
second cable (4pin with holes) is rgb cable, that one you should connect to your mobo

in case cable is short, then u will need rgb extension cable, something like this https://www.amazon.com/GETMORE7-Extension-Cable-Connect-Female/dp/B07FXN1KLD
Deus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:49pm
Thanks a lot ! I'll look into that.
This is by far the trickiest build I've ever made, I was missing some information indeed :)

EDIT : and it now works flawlessly, I guess I was a little too hooked over this physical controller thing, thanks for showing me the trick, I absolutely didn't see that 4 pin slot ! Guess reading the manual can be beneficial sometimes ! Thanks again !

EDIT 2 : since I've got you there, I've been reading the manual this time, but couldn't find information on one thing, in the upper left of the motherboard, there is a 8pin 12v connector and a 4pin 12v one, I can connect to the 8 pin but not the 4 pin since my modular PSU doesn't have 3x4 cable 12v but only 2x4.
The thing is the manual doesn't state if not plugging the additional (if it is) 4pin 12v does really changes something and if it does, what is changing.
The motherboard works perfectly fine but I hope I'm not underpowering it or something (no watercooling, only 3 regular fans connected in addition to the CPU cooler, no overclocking on the CPU (Ryzen 2600, the regular one not the X)

Edited by Deus - 12 Aug 2018 at 1:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic