ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x399 Taichi WIFI issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slashbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x399 Taichi WIFI issues
    Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 7:06am
Hey guys, 

Got some issues in setting up my new build with wifi. It straight up doesn't work. Installed the latest drivers but no dice. I've read elsewhere and on this forum that the solution is to enable wifi in the BIOS and that the auto setting doesn't work, but for the life of me I cannot find where this setting is. I've been looking for half an hour now. 

I'm in advanced mode.

Someone point me in the right direction?
Threadripper 1950x / Taichi / 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB / GTX 1080 Gaming X
10TB Internal (4TB SSDs 6TB HDDs) / 50TB external RAID 3.0
NZXT Kraken x62 / NZXT H700i
TANWare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANWare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:56am
Under Advanced and then South Bridge you need to Enable the WAN Radio (Wide Area Network)

Edited by TANWare - 12 Aug 2018 at 1:48pm
x399 Taichi, 1950x, 32GB 3466 DDR4
2x500GB 960EVO,Asus 1080TI
Passmark
aminomancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aminomancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 7:44am
1) you sure you installed the wifi driver from the asrock product page? It includes the wifi connector utility which you do need to run when you first install Windows for whatever reason, even if you set wifi radio enable in UEFI. That utility will also set it if you haven't. Once you've run it and hit enable, you can remove it from startup or delete it. Then you can also install the latest Intel proset wireless driver which will overwrite the asrock driver.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic