ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compatibility MB with M2 SSD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compatibility MB with M2 SSD
    Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 4:24pm
Hello , my name is Roby .

I own 

Fatal1ty H97 Killer

i and want to know if SSD M2 Crucial MX200 250GB M.2 Type 2280 (Single Sided) Internal SSD (CT250MX200SSD4)

is compatible with my motherboard , so if SSD will work with my MB.

Sorry on my English.
Thanks , Roby
Limun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 1:49am
anybody please Smile
paralipsis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paralipsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 6:26pm
I think you're out of luck. The Crucial SSD you link to there has the "'M' & 'B' key" type of M.2 connector. The Fatal1ty H97 Killer uses the "'M' key" type connector.

According to the site where I got my M.2 drive from, the drives that currently work with your motherboard are the Samsung XP941 and the SM951. If you wait a few weeks though, the new versions of the SM951 will become widely available, under the branding "950 Pro". These use NVMe rather than AHCI as their host interface, but are otherwise identical hardware to the SM951.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic