ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 TaiChi - No POST sometimes when turned on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 TaiChi - No POST sometimes when turned on
    Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 2:59am
I have the latest BIOS version 3.30. I've been experiencing some times, when I power on the system, that the board doesn't POST. No video, nothing. Fans turn on, but that is it. I hold power button to power back down. Then power up again, and then it will POST usually. Sometimes, I even have to drain the power, by unplugging and holding power button, then power back up. Anyone else have this issue?

MB: X399 TaiChi
1000w EVGA
EVGA Nvidia 1080TI
64GB DDR4 Crucial 3200MHz at 2997MHz
Threadripper 1900x

kgonepostl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgonepostl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:16am
Asrock doesn't give two sh*ts about it's customers. It's unreal how much these Chinese companies don't care about a stable product, and don't support it either. Just send out an update, brick it, and walk away. I hope this kind of mentality doesn't start happening in America.

Edited by kgonepostl - 20 Sep 2018 at 1:17am
crion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:36pm
Please avoid 3.30 and 3.23 for now and use 3.20 instead. 3.30 and 3.23b are actually ALPHA versions released to the public, they have NOT been properly tested by ASRock!

WarpedTrekker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by crion crion wrote:

Please avoid 3.30 and 3.23 for now and use 3.20 instead. 3.30 and 3.23b are actually ALPHA versions released to the public, they have NOT been properly tested by ASRock!
Yeah they seem like ALPHA versions. The only issue I have is that the damn PC won't turn on sometimes when I press power button. Well...it turns on, and fans come up, and all lights come on. But it won't POST! No keyboard/mouse, and no display output. I hold power button to turn back off, then back on again, and eventually it will POST.

I'm going to try and return this board to NewEgg but I think it's past the timeframe already to get an exchange.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic