ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [h270 performance] Failing to wake on clock timer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[h270 performance] Failing to wake on clock timer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [h270 performance] Failing to wake on clock timer
    Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 1:04am
Hi all!

I have set up this mobo in a new HTPC build, a lot of things work like a charm, but I can´t get one thing to get working; An automatic daily start of the system at a set time. I used that on my old build (GA-E7AUM-DS2H) and that saves a lot of power when I am not home and boots it in when I need it. (The machine controles parts of my home automation).

Specs :
- Asrock H270 Performance
- Core i3 7100 2 3.9Ghz (stock)
- Corsair Vengeance 2x 8GB DDR4
- Samsung E860 250 GB os disk
- Windows 10 Pro 64b

I want it to :
- Start daily on a schedule -> 18:00hrs.
- Not to be hibernating / or sleeping. I want a full system off to get a clean boot on startup.

I have tried :
- Bios update to 2.50
- Default / factory reset
- Set the RTC alarm on a specified time, shut the machine down and waited.. no result
- Set the RTC alarm on a specified time, hold the power until it shuts off. (to take the OS out of the equation). The system went down in an instant (I expected it to do that after holding it for a few seconds, but it didn't, direct off).
- Posting this on Gathering of Tweakers (dutch tech forum), other than a bios update didn't get any reponse.
- Followed the manual..
- Desperately tried page 2,3,4 of the google search results.Dead

I suspect it may have something to do with the powermode it in when it does a power off, but can't figure out what, where, how...

All help appreciated!
Thanks
o7

Edited by Longbow - 04 Sep 2018 at 1:10am
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 11:15am

Dear Longbow,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please turn off the Windows fast startup function, and make sure the BIOS date time has set correctly.

After disabled the fast startup, RTC alarm can works properly.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Longbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:32am
Hi,

Thanks for your response. 
I have tried the following

- BIOS reset to default
- Checked in the 'boot' menu, Fast boot was disabled
- Go to the ACPI settings,
- Set the RTC timer by enabling that setting, and choosing a time that is 5 minutes ahead of the suggested time. The suggested time is the current time, whish is correct.
- F10, save and reboot
- Wait for it to boot and then shut down.
- Wait for it to (not..) boot

It does not wake up with the timer set to current time + 5 min.

Kind regards,

Animalm4st3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animalm4st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:20am
Did u disable Fast Boot in the windows Energie settings?

Edited by Animalm4st3r - 08 Sep 2018 at 2:22am
Longbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 1:21am
Thanks both of you for your support. The enabled function 'fast startup' in Windows 10 was the culprit. Once disabled, the RTC timer worked as intended.

Thanks again for supporting me on this case. You are the best!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic