ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock Z370 Pro4 Wifi with the M.2 (Key E) slot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z370 Pro4 Wifi with the M.2 (Key E) slot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mickoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:30pm
I have been doing some search and I guess I need the card + wire + antenna, can someone please confirm?

I have found "kit" that offer all, like these:

1730Mbps Intel 9560 802.11ac WiFi Card + 6dbi IPEX MHF4 To RP-SMA Antenna Set

Dual Band Intel 9260 802.11ac WiFi Card + 6dbi IPEX MHF4 To RP-SMA Antenna Set

The connector on the 9560 does not seem to be exactly the same as the connector on 9260, are both compatible with ASRock mobo?

Also, I see 2DBi, 5DBi and 6DBi Antenna available (and lot of other DBi).  Which one I want to use inside the house?  Is the 6DBi in those kits good to achieve good performance or should I aim for lower DBi?

mickoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 3:00am
Hi, I have bought an ASRock Z370 Pro4 (not yet received), and I will be looking to add Wifi through the M.2 (Key E) slot.

First I am wondering what I have to buy exactly?

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADDZ6852990
That look like a M.2 component I can buy, right?
For some reason, they don't obviously label these components with M.2 Key E, neither in the specs, so that is why it create a lot of doubts.

Do I also need to buy extra components like antennas or what else, or these will be included in my motherboard box?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic