ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Build - Error 0d and power cut - Taichi x470
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Build - Error 0d and power cut - Taichi x470

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirLonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Build - Error 0d and power cut - Taichi x470
    Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:16am
Hello Folks

My new setup is not able to post boot, no screen output at all. Tried 2 monitors, HDMI and DP.

I've bought a brand new board and cpu:

- AsRock Taichi x470
- AMD Ryzen 2600X

I'm getting error 0d and exactly each 20secs power cuts and computer restarts. I have ripped of all unnecessary components, removed and replugged the CPU (incl. the stock fan) and tried all memory banks. Fans are spinning and LEDs are on.

I have tried using a Gygabite RX460 and a Nvidia Quadro 2000
I have tried Hynix RAM, a set of two 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2400T and one single 8GB 1Rx4 PC4-233P. Tried in each and every slot / combination. Always reseting CMOS by pressing reset button on the back of the mainboard.

I'm desperate, any help is highly appreciated!
Thanks

Edited by SirLonestar - 12 Sep 2018 at 4:24am
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:25am
0d is on low level initialisation, main hardware powering up (cpu, chipset, ...)
try to unplug everything you can, also check your cpu for bent pins
try another psu
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:27am
a quick google results in MANY replies saying it was the cable used from pc to monitor

and i mean many many results

soooooooooo

strip the system down to bare bones
no hard drives 1 stick of ram in slot a2
check cpu fan is plugged in to cpu fan header properly
check both the 24 pin main power lead is seated properly (the detachable 4 pin needs to go in first as they usually have a lip on them)
check the extra 8 pin cable labelled cpu/eps is plugged into the top left corner of board
and use just the rx460 and at least two different types of connector seperately  eg hdmi or display port
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:29am
and a reset cmos is ...................
unplug the power lead from psu and flip out the button battery for 10 mins

it tends to actually work much better than the cmos reset button

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:52am
it could be anything...one post mentions cpu fan... another incompatible ram, another sata pcie controller...
but its hardware related for sure xD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:56am
okay i did more proper google search now

AMD has their own DRAM recovery mechanism that automatically lowers the DRAM Ratio and resets timings if DRAM training fails (F9 - 0d) during early POST). If you reset at this point you might get stuck at CF or 90 POST codes, manually reset again and the system should POST with the lower ratio and default timings. AMD CBS settings are also reset when this happens.

so 0d is when RAM cant be trained

Edited by kerberos_20 - 12 Sep 2018 at 4:57am
SirLonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirLonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 5:32am
thanks for your answers.

- I've tested with both graphic cards, HDMI and DP on two different monitors.
- All power cables have been plugged-in and out several times. Ensured they fit well.
- Duno if this helps, but if I start without any memory, error 46 pops up on the LED display.
- Checked for bent pins, that was my first and biggest worry, luckily CPU is fine.

I will check the PSU tomorrow and borough another one. If this will not help I will order new RAM, as the ones I am using are not on AMD or AsRocks QVR..

This are the different RAMs I have tried:

and here you can see that its running with minimal configuration and 0d error on the LED screen:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 5:41am
put that stick on right side, thats the most compatible one

also do u get F9 before 0d?
SirLonestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirLonestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 5:54am
The very right slot? or the second from right?
No, directly 0d, very fast. Never saw F9.

Is it enough to just remove cmos battery or do you need to insert the reset jumper as well?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 7:20am
always worth trying the other pcie slot

and........ not a usual problem but i have one gpu here that is a beech ! to seat properly
if i try and srew it into case it pulls it out of the pcie slot, might be worth checking

Edited by datonyb - 12 Sep 2018 at 7:22am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic