ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Really Need Help With z97 Driver Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastian869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really Need Help With z97 Driver Issues
    Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 6:12am
I have an Asrock extreme6 and there are driver for SATA3 for 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061 but I cant seem to find SATA updates for the intel chipset if my life depended on it and Asmedia is no better. The are the only site i know where you cant dl newer drivers for their chips/hardware that goes for the SATA and USB3. So all i have i the drivers that came with the disk and drivers on asrock site are no newer. Id really be grateful if someone knew a solution and kills 2 birds with one stone. There are site that are "not really sanctioned" and im afraid to do off them as who know whats in the code. BTW I have win 7 x64

Thanks.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:38pm
First of all, good call not trusting third party sites for drivers, these sites are often riddled with mallware and worse, never trust them. As for the drivers, are the available ones not working for you? Bare in mind that drivers for things like SATA and USB are not as intricate as GPU drivers which can have a large performance impact. Generally SATA and USB drivers only need to be updated if you are having a problem with the hardware which is driver related. These drivers are not updated anywhere near as frequently, they usually do not need to be. You are running Win 7 x64 which is now a somewhat dated OS so I am not surprised that there are no newer updates available. These drivers have been tested with your hardware and proven stable. There may well be "newer" drivers out there but it is highly unlikely that they will provide any benefit over the ones on your product page.

If you are having issues with these drivers then please let us know and I will see if I can find newer ones from more reputable sources for you.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 2:59pm
Are you familiar with the website below as a source of drivers, and if so do you think they are not trustworthy:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=en

I know of many smart and respectable PC enthusiasts that use drivers from this website, and recommend it to others in forums similar to this one. I have used drivers from this website, and IMO they are just the driver files and nothing else.

This website always has the pre-official release version of the Intel IRST driver. I just used that version (14.6.1.1030), downloaded from this website for important testing of the creation and use of RAID 0 arrays of PCIe SSDs on the ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ board. This website has existed for years, and if they added anything to their downloads, that would have been known long before now. But the choice is yours of course.

Here is their download page for the ASMedia 1061 SATA chipset drivers they have, the latest version being 3.1.6.0. Scroll down to see the list:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=select&id=21&lang=en

You mentioned "... SATA updates for the intel chipset...". Intel posts their latest and several earlier versions of the IRST AHCI/RAID driver (is that what you are talking about?), which can be found from their main download page:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

To find the IRST driver download page, you select Software from the Select a product family drop down list, followed by Chipset Software in the Select a product line list, and finally Intel Rapid Storage Technology from the Select product name list.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 4:01pm
Thanks for the link Parsec. I am sure there are reputable 3rd party driver sites out there however without having used them I couldn't recommend them in case I linked to a bad one Wink I am sure the site you linked is fine. As a general rule I never recommend 3rd party sites on forums because there are far too many out there that are untrustworthy and in a lot of cases, reputable ones change ownership and can become bad like driverguide (which I used to swear by) did at one point.

The links Parsec provided should be what you are after Cool

ASRock Expert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 5:07pm
Intel chipset device software:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-

Worth a try.

990FX Extreme 9 MOD P1.70
AMD FX 8120 4GHz 1.25V
Thermalright HR-02
Patriot Viper 2x4GB 2133MHz
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
MSI R7970 TFIII 3GB
CORSAIR VX550W
LanCool K62 Dragonlord
ASUS Xonar D2X
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic