ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350 Pro4, many USB ports don't work, Windows 7
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4, many USB ports don't work, Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swarrley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4, many USB ports don't work, Windows 7
    Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:09am
I have installed Windows 7 on a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe drive on an AB350 Pro4 with Ryzen 5 2600 with a degree of difficulty. It took me some time to get everything working as it should be, but I'm stuck on the USB ports.

Many of the USB ports aren't recognized by Windows 7 Device Manager. I have been able to get USB3_12 (#8 on pg 8 of manual) and USB3_34 (#7 on pg 8 of manual) to work.

USB12 (#1 on pg 8 of manual) doesn't work
USB31_TA_1 (#9 on pg 8 of manual) doesn't work
USB_1_2 (#21 on pg 7 of manual) doesn't work (USB header for front case ports)
USB3_5_6 (#8 on pg 7 of manual) doesn't work (USB 3 header for front cast port)

I haven't tested USB31_TC_1 because I haven't had reason to use a Type-C connection.

I've spent a good amount of time looking for answers online, but they all seem to point to having problems installing Windows 7, but it's been installed. Everything is working fine except for these USB ports.

I'm getting close to throwing in the towel and buying a PCIe USB card, but I'm hoping to get some help here.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
swarrley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swarrley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:19am
BIOS vP5.0
OMGitsShan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMGitsShan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 1:24am
If you read the FAQ for the motherboard page, you will see that it says Windows 7 isn't supported with Ryzen CPUs due to the fact that USB ports wont work because of the architecture. It mentions that you can get Windows 7 installed, but the USB ports not working will be one of the trade-offs. This is nothing to do with ASRock - it is just that the new Ryzen CPUs handle stuff differently to CPUs that work with Windows 7. If there isn't a valid reason that you need to be on Windows 7, then I suggest you install Windows 10 and get full use of all your current USB ports without having to buy a new card.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic