ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150
    Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:10pm
Hello, Im having a few issues with my PC. First off here are the specs.
Asrock Z97 extreme4
Intel i5 4670
G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 240-Pin 2133
Western Digital 1tb
EVGA gtx760
Corsair 750 watt

The computer has been running awesome since i built it... Recently I just purchase the same exact ram (2x4gb) and attempted to add it...
The computer wouldnt even turn on at first... I had to switch where it was plugged into my surge protector. (another issue)

After getting it to turn on, it was turning on, beeping 4 times then turning off.  It repeated this step till I turned it off.

I pulled out the new ram and it turned on and booted.

I recently just hooked up a Samsung 500gb SSD BUT have NOT installed or moved anything yet cuz of what im about to tell you.

I got a new surge protector and shut everything down and switched everything over to the new surge protector. after doing this, the computer still wont turn on and i have to unplug it and move the location of where it is plugged into and then it will start up. 

I can enter bios and i can log into my computer. After logging in i can count to 30 and then my computer just freezes and the mouse disappears from the desktop...

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? do i need to strip it down and put it back together?

Edited by Petey - 07 Oct 2015 at 8:11pm
Petey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 10:40pm
Just found this post on my board.... great

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2jrt1b/psarequest_possible_reoccurring_problem_with_the/
Petey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 11:01pm
prolly gonna strip the computer down and return the board.
Petey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 8:35pm
update for Asrock Z97 Extreme4 board, it has a defect. 

you cant unplug or turn off the power supply. it messes up the lowdropout voltage regulator and causes it to heat up and not let the board turn on. RMA'd and replaced with a Asus board.

thank you asrock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic