ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Intel Z97 Extreme4 Build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alexp10v2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Intel Z97 Extreme4 Build
    Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:56pm
CAUTION! LARGE/ HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES!!

My Build consists of a balanced set of parts, An i5, 16GB RAM and a GTX 970.
But I am a real stickler for ascetics, I didn't want any motherboard that was classed as "Gaming" or have a horrid colour scheme of Red or Gold. 

After a lot of researching for a suitable motherboard, my choices were to either go with a last generation board or an ASRock (Z97-H97) board. 
Once I found the Extreme Series, I was pretty much sold already. The only issue was, which one do I get :). So I went for the middle of the road, Extreme4.

The colour scheme was perfect, it offered plenty of expansion and had plenty of new features which I am still yet to take advantage of, M.2 and SATA Express. Those two features alone on any other brands board would have increased the price.

Since I have put it into service, I have had no issues what so ever, and I will most likely be continuing the trend of ASRock Boards in the future :)

Those pliers just so happened to be there, they were not used to help assemble the computer before anyone asks, :)

Edited by Alexp10v2 - 06 May 2015 at 5:57pm
ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz, GTX 970
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 2:39pm
Good choice for a Z97 board. Thumbs Up

Most of the ASRock Z97 boards have the most potential to accommodate the latest SSD interfaces, like Ultra M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4), M.2 (SATA and PCIe 2.0 x2), PCIe, and SATA Express. Most other Z97 boards by other manufactures do not have all these capabilities available on one board, most with no more than two of them.

Just as important, ASRock has the UEFI updates and SATA Option ROMs that are needed for compatibility with the newest SSD technologies. Without these, those SSDs are not bootable.

ASRock's UEFIs have supported UEFI booting as far back as their Z77 boards. That is why I bought a Z97 Extreme6, since it is compatible with all the new SSD formats, including unusual SSDs, like the Samsung XP941 and SM951.
Alexp10v2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexp10v2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 6:16pm
Sorry for the late reply.
That's one of the reasons I like ASRock.
People tend to under-estimate them in the features set. The board I have has features of an equivalent board costing around an extra £40-50.
ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz, GTX 970
Illegalseagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Illegalseagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 11:57am
nice buiuld for sure...16gb ram and 970 gpu?  That thing is going to roll...

I'm loving the ASRock board, fellow convert here.  I like the Extreme's blue heatsinks.  I went matx, because I wanted a smaller build, but I like your build, looks good
ASROCK Z97M OC Formula
Intel i5 - 4690K @ 4.5ghz
Stable Overclock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic