ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X470 Taichi: Turn off power to USB when sleeping?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 Taichi: Turn off power to USB when sleeping?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eli L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 Taichi: Turn off power to USB when sleeping?
    Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:25am
With the X470 Taichi and windows 10 how do I make it so my USB ports are not supplying power when the computer is in sleep mode?

Currently when the computer is asleep the USB ports are being supplied power.

Anyone know how to make this happen?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 2:21am
OK, so before we begin, if you disable all the power at the USB ports, all USB devices will stop working. How do you expect to wake the system from sleep then? Power button, PS2 kbd?
Eli L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eli L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:27am
Yep, power button will wake the computer
jbmerrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbmerrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:24am
On my x399 Fatal1ty Professional, there is an option to enable 'deep sleep' I think it might be under acpi, but can't remember right now
X399 Pro Gaming, 2990wx Threadripper,128GB G.Skill RGB 3200,EVGA 1200 P2,EVGA GTX 1080 Ti x 2 SLI, Enermax Liqtech 360mm,Samsung 970 EVO/960 Pro/850 EVOs, Toshiba x300 HDDs, Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
AxToS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AxToS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 3:29pm
Hi .. and sorry for my bad english !
I have the same issues on my z68 and now on my x470 MB.
@ Intel Chipsets there are Deep Sleep / s4 /s5 /s6 Bios Options and of course deep Sleep settings.
They even work s not reliable!

@ AMD x470 taichi Boards are no Deep Sleep or energy save Options! Bios 1.5 and beta 1.52!
PS2 Keyboard, System Alarm and PCI Ex. boot Options .. 2018 .. and theres no USB Keyboard / Mouse Start Option s ??
If i shut down the system my apc back upc shut down all slave config devices.
With means the PC is the Master and the razer mousepad starts blinking.

I installed and deinstalled the App Charger and on Windows 10 change the Energy Save Rules.
Everything of under Change what the power button does.
Turn on fast, sleep etc..

Now there is no Power at USB ports if its powerd off..

hope it could help !

Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic