ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 4 beeps at start-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verhaeghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 4 beeps at start-up
    Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 7:49pm
I had a perfectly working system until 8 hours ago when my PC would no longer start up and give 4 short beeps.

A quick look around the internet told me that it would be a RTC problem so I switch the machine off have taken out the GPU as it was covering the CMOS Bat.. left the Bat out for an hour and installed a brand new one.

I refitted the GPU and did a CMOS reset. but I still have the 4 beeps at startup?

Any suggestions?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:50pm
Did you unplug power from the system when you took out the battery?

You need to pull the power from the system (or turn off at the wall)
Press the power button for 5 - 10 seconds
Pull the battery 
Leave it out for about 10 - 20 mins
Put it all back together and power up again

Good luck
verhaeghm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verhaeghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 1:25am
Thanks Xaltar, we tried this but the result is the same.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 2:50am
In that case, the last thing to try is pull all power from the board (including 8 and 24 pin), pull the battery, set the clear CMOS jumper to clear and leave the system like that over night. If that doesn't work then you will have to start the RMA process I'm afraid Unhappy

I hope it works out Wink
verhaeghm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verhaeghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:47am
Thanks again but no such luck, we have started the RMA process and are advised that the 4 beeps may not be an RTC error as is documented with these newer boards...

Documentation is not really clear on this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic