ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking X370 UEFI issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:44am
Originally posted by shmerl shmerl wrote:

@basedmeezus: Just updated to UEFI 4.81, enabled SVM and all is working now! So newer kernel fixed it as you mentioned, even with older qemu. Thanks again for the hint!

Awesome, that's great to hear! For anyone else having this issue, I'd recommend updating your kernel to 4.18.13 + and also email asrock to fix this issue. The more people that contact Asrock with this issue, the sooner we'll be able to fix this.

Usually support will reply saying they don't have support for Linux OS, but reiterate that this is not a Linux issue, it is an issue with Agesa PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.4 and Asrock Bios/UEFI saying supports  Secure Encrypted Virtualization(SEV) when the hardware does not. To my knowledge Only AMD EPYC processors support SEV, SME, TSME, and Ryzen Pro Processors supporting only TSME.

Bios/UEFI need to stop advertising SEV when the hardware does not even support it.

For anyone who wants to get into the nitty gritty of this issue, I'd recommend checking out this Redhat Bug tracker related to this issue: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1608242

Edited by basedmeezus - 13 Oct 2018 at 5:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic