ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Default Settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicago119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intel Default Settings
    Posted: 11 May 2024 at 12:32pm
I read like many probably did about needing to update my BIOS and change some settings to accommodate my I9, but I have absolutely no idea where in the BIOS settings to do this. I can't find anything that resembles an "Intel Default Profile" and none of the settings that Intel released match up to a single option in the BIOS. I'm new to this, I don't know how to translate whatever Intel is trying to tell me into ASRockese but I would like to reintroduce even a crumb of stability back into my system during gaming.
ARock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2024 at 8:59pm
I too am new to at least using ASROCK motherboards. Every brand has different lingo unfortunately. I don't know if it is based on copyrights or patent law but it would be really helpful if they could stop using different terms for different bios setting so it is not so confusing. Apparently everyone buys ASUS according to YouTube, and the videos posted. As for your question, I believe you need to first see which bios you are currently running, you can get into bios by pressing delete key on startup. You then will need to go to the asrock main website select your motherboard, go to downloads, then download the latest driver and extract it to your thumb drive a.k.a USB drive. I use a 32gb SanDisk 3.0, remember to format it to fat32 that will erase everything so backup the drive if you want to keep what was originally on it. Once you have extracted the complete bios files to the USB stick you can then restart your computer and keep hitting delete key to enter bios. Once in bios go to the
tools page in the bios header, their it should allow you to select instant flash. Make sure not to touch the keyboard or anything until the bios update tells you to. After the bios has been successfully flashed you may then and only then restart and go back into bios. Once you have the latest it should be visible in the easy bios but if you dont see it their you should be able to scroll through and find it in the advanced uefi. Hope this helps and apologies for the walk-through on updating your bios if you already knew how to on your board. I am really impressed with the bang for buck I am getting out of the z790 nova wifi 7. Unfortunately like yourself I don't know the different bios settings between board manufacturers and their isn't a lot of help regarding understanding or making sense of the different labels used by brands. Every brand should have someone well versed in their boards bios that does a quick walk-through of their bios and settings. Also add how to safely overclock, undervolt using their boards bios if they cant make a standard across all boards and partners. Hope this helped.
mdskfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdskfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:04am
https://www.technewstoday.com/asrock-overclocking/

this will help with explaining with what the main things to change. You will also need to go to Intel's site to see what the information is for your specific CPU. This will take some digging to do but should be able to find. It would be nice if Intel had this information in a set area that is simple to fins and get too, instead of going through the manual for the CPU.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic