ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fully Disable Integrated graphics (B75M-DGS R2.0)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fully Disable Integrated graphics (B75M-DGS R2.0)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fully Disable Integrated graphics (B75M-DGS R2.0)
    Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 9:26am
Originally posted by opssemnik opssemnik wrote:

Hello, im using an Asrock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard with an Intel Core I5 2500 (sandy) and i can´t seem to disable the integrated graphics, i can only change the ammount of ram allocated, but not fully disable. How can i do so? thanks

For your board, and any Intel chipset ASRock board, there is no specific UEFI option that directly (by name) disables the Intel integrated graphics.

Will you describe for me what you would consider fully disabling the Intel integrated graphics?

Or, what makes you say the integrated graphics is not fully disabled?

Disabling the Intel graphics (GT) is done by doing the following:

In the Chipset Configuration screen:

Set Primary Graphics Adapter to PCI Express.

Set Share Memory to Auto.

Set IGPU Multi-Monitor to Disabled. NOTE: The description of this option in the manual of my different ASRock board includes, "Select disable to disable the integrated graphics when an external graphics card is installed." That's as close as we get to an option directly disabling the GT core by name.

The Render Standby option, if your board has this option, will likely not be displayed once Primary Graphics Adapter is set to PCI Express. Set this option to Enabled.

In addition, no cables should be connected to any of the video output connectors for the Intel graphics.

If the Intel graphics was enabled and in use (connected to a monitor) before you began changing these UEFI options, the voltage and power options for the Intel graphics may still be displayed until you Save and Exit (apply) the changes to these integrated graphics options. These setting changes will NOT be applied until you Save and Exit the UEFI.

Once these setting are applied, all the Intel integrated graphics (GT) voltage and power options will no longer be displayed in the UEFI. I don't have your board, and newer UEFI options make the manual potentially partially incorrect regarding option, so I am going by what my board's UEFI does.

We must trust that these option settings will cause the GT graphics core in our Intel processors to be disabled to the maximum degree possible. For example, it may not be possible to completely shut off voltage to the GT core, and have the processor run normally. I'm sure all the GT voltage and power options are set to their minimum possible values, while still allowing the processor to function.
opssemnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opssemnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 8:23am
Hello, im using an Asrock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard with an Intel Core I5 2500 (sandy) and i can´t seem to disable the integrated graphics, i can only change the ammount of ram allocated, but not fully disable. How can i do so? thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic