ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A general suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A general suggestion
    Posted: 14 May 2024 at 9:27pm
Since the latest intel 13th and 14th gen issues regarding stability, overheating, instantly hitting 100c while running Cinebench r23 and other cpu benchmarks. It would make sense to have someone who represents the brand and is knowledgeable with its products to make videos at least for every board generation or release that can make a walk-through on their specific bios and how to change common settings safely to overclock, undervolt, set manual settings and which ones to keep auto or stay away from. Asus has at least in the past had someone like JJ. EVGA has also had professional overclockers do walk-throughs. At the end of the day this is my first ASROCK board I chose the Z790 Nova wifi7 and paired it with the 14700k from intel. I normally would just set xmp profile, verify my fans are on the correct setting and leave it on stock settings otherwise. However, since intel released the 13th & 14th gen and has failed to fix the extremely high voltage causing some i9's to be unstable or degrade prematurely and the i7's also running 100c on any decent workload or having memory errors pop up upon shutdown. Someone needs to take the ranes and help customers by showing some initiative to help fix these issues until Intel fixes their stuff. Also notice a lack of support on this forum from Asrock. Let's see if we can get Asrocks attention to help address these issues. It is not just occurring on Asus and Gigabyte boards and people want to be reassured they didn't just throw their money away buying these products.
AmazighAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmazighAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 12:04am
Hi. I just assembled my PC: Asrock Nova WiFi and Intel i7 14700K, Lexar 7200 RAM and Zalman Alpha2 AIO. I was wondering if there was something wrong with my cooling - during Cinebench tests the temperature was 100-102 degrees, with the OC Gamers - Stage1 setting even 115-117 degrees. Is any cooling (water, air) capable of cooling below 90 degrees?
AS
AmazighAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmazighAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 12:08am
p.s.: interesting fact: with the OC Stage1 setting, the difference in performance tests is borderline error, and sometimes even worse than without OC, and the temperature increases by several degrees!
AS
ARock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2024 at 1:51pm
Hey, just noticed your question. First off I am no expert so the only thing I can say is simply based on my experience so far. I personally run the same board and cpu. I have 32gb 6400mhz g.skill trident z and am using the Arctic liquid freezer 3 360mm aio due to gamers nexus suggestion. I just built it a month ago and noticed when I tried to run cinebench r23 my Temps would shoot to 100c. I too thought it was possibly a bad mount or needed to check my thermal paste until I saw a video talking about the issues occurring with the i9's. It is also affecting i7's just not as bad. First I would suggest you go back into your bios and on the easy bios select the lowest aio option. That will automatically set the PL1 to 125watts and the PL2 to I believe 188 watts. That will drop your performance in benchmarks but should get you the specified boost performance you paid for in games. It will definitely cool things off which is what you want. I should have said in the beginning but you should probably update your bios to the latest non-beta. I think I have 4.09. It has intel default profile which is still not actually using intels recommended specs. Let me know how it goes as far as selecting the lowest aio cooler setting in the easy bios. Or you can find the pl1 and pl2 in the advanced bios settings also. I have mine at pl1 125 and pl2 253 but it may depend on your case airflow, and the aio you haves ability to cool those Temps pushing that much. Let me know how it goes, you really do not want it running long loops of benchmarks at 100c. Try and get them down to 70c-90c max.
ARock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2024 at 1:58pm
115c is dangerously close to cooking that cpu if not degrading it much faster. I would not be using their O.C. settings. Personally I am interested in undervolting it and seeing if I can maybe squeeze better performance from less throttling. I just hope intel works with board partners to fix these issues. They let it slide with 13th gen and now it has been compounded adding even more to 14gen. Something needs to be done asap.
ARock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2024 at 8:11pm
Is any cooling (water, air) capable of cooling below 90 degrees?
Yes, I believe it is called Direct Die, which involves delidding the cpu. Delidding is a process of removing the ihs on the cpu, then using liquid metal between the chip and a direct die water block. I believe EK makes an aio version and a few companies make custom water cooling blocks that are more expensive. I have seen great results from reviewers but have no personal experience with this method.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic