ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Audio Driver Issue on B450 Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyfaller32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audio Driver Issue on B450 Pro4
    Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 5:18am
I have the ASRock B450 Pro4 motherboard and I seem to be having audio issues. ANy time I plug in an audio device (speaker/headphones) the computer says nothing was plugged in. I have checked under device manager and it shows the AMD HD audio drivers are up to date. I have tried installing the Realtek audio drivers but once I run the setup application, my computer restarts and then nothing changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ccollalto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccollalto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 6:53am
Hey mate I have the very same problem. Did you manage to fix it?
Skyfaller32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyfaller32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:12am
Unfortunately I did not. I'd have to do an RMA to replace it which is too much of a hassle so I just got bluetooth headphones from logitech.
ccollalto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccollalto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:58am
Ok so after A WHOLE LOT of research and trial & error finally found it.

For some doubtful reason the latest Win10 updates have integrated the Realtek audio console into some native Windows sound control panel. That explains why I originally had the Realtek console working before a fresh installation of Windows done last week, with all drivers updated, so it stopped showing up.

This is what I did, go for it if it's worth your time and effort (descriptions will be approximate since my Windows installation is not in English):

1. Go to your Windows Control Panel
2. Type Realtek in the search bar
3. Click at the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and uninstall it
4. Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website and search for "realtek sound driver" - The link below will take you directly to the results according to those criteria:
(https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=realtek+sound+driver)
5. At this point, what I found out to work was sorting by the latest drivers and looking for the one with a name that made sense and had the biggest size (and therefore not only the driver but also the console executable):
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 5/28/2019 12:00:00 AM - <b>6.0.8716.1</b>
6. Download the package and unrar it into an easy-to-find folder
7. Now open the Device Manager in Windows
8. Look for your on-board generic sound device under Audio, Video and Game Controllers (it will probably be among the lines of Generic HD audio driver, Windows HD audio driver, etc.)
9. Right click it and choose the option to update the driver
10. Choose to find the driver locally and point to the folder where you unpacked the driver
11. Confirm and let it do its thing
12. Reboot and test it

If everything went right, you'll be happy by now. What I noticed is that this particular driver is not the one I had some time ago, which was probably older, and smarter. But this will do the trick for now.

In case it didn't work, you could try removing the driver directly at the Device Manager console instead of going thru steps 1-3, specially if uninstalling thru the Control Panel didn't make your Device Manager remove the Realtek driver. This will also probably go deeper into the thing but might make your device go missing and harder to reinstall.

Help this helps anyone else facing this weird issue.
Nick_K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 2:35am
I have the same issue, watched multiple videos and websites "showing" how to solve this problem, but none of these instructions helped me.

I tried following your steps, but i have a small issue. The file you downloaded from MUC is not available i guess, because i cant find it!

The latest version of Realtek Audio Drivers in MUC is from 2018(please correct me if i am wrong).

This all thing with the Realtek HD Audio Manager, is beyond me! I have spent hours, if not days, trying to figure it out, but nothing works. Btw i have unistalled and installed the latest drivers, like a million times, still nothing...

Btw with my frustration i "completely not intentional" unistalled the Realtek Audio Console..and i don't know where to download it from.
NK
ccollalto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccollalto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 2:56am
Hello Nick,

This is what happened to me also. The latest Realtek driver package (the one I got from Realtek itself) does not contain the control console because it has been integrated into Windows 10 for some reason. I read at one point that it could be downloaded from Microsoft Store but I didn't even try that, I like it oldschool.

The link I provided goes directly to the drivers list at MUC, ctrl+F and type "8716". That's the one I'm using.

"Windows 10 S Version 1803 and Later Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 S Version 1803 and Later Upgrade & Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 version 1803 and Later Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 Version 1803 and Later Upgrade & Servicing Drivers"

5/27/2019     6.0.8716.1     112.8 MB

Give it a shot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic