ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Sound Despite Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brutus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Sound Despite Drivers
    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 1:54am
Hi everyone, I bought an ASRock X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 motherboard over Christmas. While the computer I built with it mostly works fine, I'm having some issues with the sound: I have a set of speakers and a set of headphones that are not playing any audio despite being registered as plugged in.

I've tried a few things to fix this:
1. Ensuring that everything is correctly plugged in. Can confirm that everything is being registered as plugged into both the front and back audio Jacks. Realtek Audio Control will even tell me whether it's my speakers or my headphones that are plugged in.
2.Downloaded the proper audio drivers. Got these off of the board's webpage I've re-installed them many times at this point.
3.Checked for audio Settings in BIOS. Here's where maybe I missed something, all I was able to find was an option to switch between HD audio and 97 audio.

There has to be something I haven't thought of here, any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:04pm
There are windows sound settings in:    Settings>System>sound
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:20pm
It sounds like windows is defaulting to a different sound device, probably your
HDMI audio from your GPU. Click the little speaker icon (the windows one) then
click the description drop down and select "Realtek High Definition Audio".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic