ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pimp my PC please^^

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mangrills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pimp my PC please^^
    Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 1:27am
Hello Everyone!

My pc  is 8 years old now. It was ugly and dusty all the time because i had to use it with side panel off, otherwise it would be dead now because my old case was awful with 0 ventillation.
I want to share my story about how i'm upgrading this pc slowly but surely.   This is how she looked like 1.5 years ago:

Specs was:
-Intel Core 2 Duo e8500
-4*1gb ddr2 800 mhz ram
-Nvidia GTS 250
-300+500gb HDD

The case, the psu everything was bad. One day i noticed a strange smell coming from the case and when i checked it the psu was literally melting! So i bought a new one, a really good one.
The next step was to buy a new case because the old one was a crime against mankind. :) So i bought a nice, new BeQuiet case. It looks much better now i think. Let me show you.

This is how it looks now. Better right? I bought a friend's gtx 570 and a new ssd to speed the system up.
The pictures are fresh, made them today.

My chosen one is  the H170 Pro4/Hyper.

i would like to continue my project and upgrade my pc. With this motherboard i would be one step closer to the goal.
I love the features and it looks great, the black and white paint is still rare. I would like to enjoy my ssd's full speed since my current mobo is not supporting sata3.
The non z/k oc is good thing to have too. Normally i'm not really interested in oc (mostly because the price of k cpu and z mobo), but this feature is awesome and i would definitely use it with my non k cpu!
The plan is an i5 6500 or i3 6100 cpu, 2*4 or 2*8 gb ram and later a new mid range vga. Depends on my wallet's mood. :)

Thanks for the chance!
If i'm one of the lucky ones, i will share my thoughts here of course about the mobo. :)

Edited by Mangrills - 08 Aug 2016 at 2:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic