ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards (German)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Riptide z790 wifi coil whine issues £

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starlord78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Riptide z790 wifi coil whine issues £
    Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 3:00am
Hello,

Is it possible that this board has a problem with coil whine?

I've had two of them now, and both emit a very high-frequency noise during operation. The sound isn't particularly loud, but it is annoying. When you go directly into the BIOS, you also hear a type of coil whine, which varies depending on the power supply. This was immediately noticeable on both boards. What is that unpleasant noise in the BIOS?

When the computer boots up, other noises join in, making it harder to identify individual sources of noise. I'm still troubleshooting the problem.

I also noticed that immediately after powering on, there are high-frequency tones during initialization, possibly when the RAM is being initialized. Additionally, my SSDs, or at least the area where they are located, produce a kind of chirping and rattling noise during startup.

These observations lead me to believe that the board is primarily responsible for the noises, but I could be wrong.

Long story short, I want to know if this issue is known with these boards. This information would save me a lot of time and effort in troubleshooting. I've already swapped out almost everything except the CPU.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic